Author Topic: World War II Pacific Vehicles  (Read 4050 times)

Old Tanker

• Cadet
    • View Profile
World War II Pacific Vehicles
« on: December 17, 2014, 09:16:53 am »
'Tis the season, but I'm little too old to sit on Santa's knee to tell him what I want for Christmas. Instead, let me put a few ideas out to Rubicon Models for possible future vehicles.  When you finally take a break from designing European battlefield armor, let your thoughts drift to the Pacific. I would love to see  LVT's (both troop carriers and artillery support models), light artillery (37mm, 57mm anti-tank guns, 75mm light pack howitzers) and Japanese tanks and anti-tank guns.  And that's about it. And, by the way, good job on the M-4 and the PKW IV, I'm happy to have them.  Take care and have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 08:56:15 pm by Old Tanker »

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: World War II Pacific Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 11:16:24 am »
Old Tanker:  Thanks for your support!  The Pacific War is not forgotten!  We had been digging into some references on amphibian vehicles and light artillery pieces.  Not immediate releases, but getting there!
;)

Hessian

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 10:47:18 pm »
It would be nice to get some japanese stuff. Sometimes I think most manufactors forget the
pacific theatre.

Old Tanker

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 12:28:44 pm »
Rubicon. Thank you for picking up on this thread; I'll just wait patiently.  And Hessian, thanks for the added push. Cheers all.

Hessian

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 02:50:13 pm »
You`re welcome. :)

Cat

• Private
    • View Profile
    • Goblinhall
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 10:04:14 am »
Buffaloes were also used by American, British, and Canadian troops in Northern Europe and Italy.

Probably too tricky to manage with the tracks, but would be super if the upper hull could detach for waterline moments during water crossings.