Rubicon Models > Work In Progress

US 37mm M3 AT Gun - 3D Prototype 190614

(1/5) > >>

Rubicon Models:
With the start of our Dodge WC-55 M6 Fargo project, the M3 is naturally the next project to follow...

The 37mm Gun M3 is the first dedicated anti-tank gun fielded by US forces in numbers during WW2. Introduced in 1940, it became the standard AT gun of the US infantry with its size enabling it to be pulled by a jeep. However, the continuing improvement of German tanks quickly rendered the 37mm ineffective and, by 1943, it was being gradually replaced in the European and Mediterranean theatres by the more powerful British-developed 57mm Gun M1. In the Pacific, where the Japanese tank threat was less significant, the M3 remained in service until the end of the war.

Like many other light anti-tank guns, the M3 was widely used in the infantry support role and as an anti-personnel weapon, firing high-explosive and canister rounds.

The M3 vehicle-mounted variant was used on the Dodge WC-55 M6 Fargo.

Enjoy!
;)

ultravanillasmurf:
Still waiting for the two, six and twenty five spounders...

But maybe that is just me...

^___^

Pinky:

--- Quote from: ultravanillasmurf on June 10, 2019, 02:49:34 pm ---Still waiting for the two, six and twenty five spounders...

But maybe that is just me...

^___^

--- End quote ---

It's not just you.  And there's also the 17 pounder.  The 37mm is probably the least useful of the Allied anti-tank guns.  The 2-pdr and 6-pdr/57mm were far more important, without taking into account the Soviet anti-tank weapons (which were as important as their tanks).  But it's a start, and has the benefit of Rubicon's experience with all the German artillery. 

ultravanillasmurf:
17 pounder and the Bofors 40mm AA of course.

I have only just noticed in the Bolt Action V1 book an inexperienced six pounder (medium ATG) is much more expensive than a Regular 17 pounder. I think there is a leading one missing from the point cost ^___^

Tracks:
Nice!!!

Looking forward to this kit. I hope that this kit will be the first in a long line of allied AT-Guns.

Will the skids be able to be modeled in either the up or down position?
In the picture, they are shown in the up position, but sometimes they were placed in a down position when deployed for firing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version