Rubicon Models > Work In Progress

RESIN Project - 20mm MG151/20 3D Prototypes 190212

<< < (2/4) > >>

Tracks:

--- Quote from: ripley ---But as this gun was self contained on its mount  ( like the Russian quad Maxim ) it could be mounted on almost anything

--- End quote ---

Like on a German SdKfz 10?  :D
Sorry, I couldn't resit.

ripley:
Why not install it in the 10 . It looks to be easy to bolt on anywhere . Here's a drawing of the 251 mount I found

Pretty simple to kit bash , just have to find a load of 20mm ammo boxes to use as reloads for those large 1000 round cans . This thing fired 700 rounds per minute per gun , so it had just under 90 seconds of fire before you had to hide somewhere and reload those 3 cans which I would assume would take a while  to lay the ammo belts in there without kinking them .  I'm in for one of these gun mounts for a 251 kit bash with the kit sight unseen , and if it lives up to Rubicon's high standards ( going by their latest kits it should  ) , probably a couple of others , and I'm going to start looking for information on the transport trailer to built / kit bash one

ultravanillasmurf:

--- Quote from: Tracks on February 01, 2019, 06:08:06 pm ---I don't know if I would call it "Pointless", but probably not high on a lot of people's lists including mine.

--- End quote ---
I think, and Pinky can correct me, that he was referring to asking for Rubicon to concentrate on the plastic kits.

--- Quote from: Tracks on February 01, 2019, 06:08:06 pm ---Of all the things they could be spending time on, this is what they pick?

I have to ask, who at Rubicon Models decide which projects to start working on?

--- End quote ---

I get the impression (and once again I may be wrong) but these "side projects" are something that is assigned to "new" staff.

As has been discussed previously, there are bottlenecks in their process of delivering a complete boxed kit to the warehouse. Some of them are out of their hands (contract work and availability of moulding machines are two that have been mentioned).

As they expand they will have to have projects for staff to work on. The big complex kits will require a lot of work from their skilled designers. New staff will have to prove themselves, I suspect by being given a project (or even choosing and getting one of their own approved). Some of them might not see the light of day, others may be reviewed and be found to be suitable for release.

The non plastic kits avoid the production bottleneck (as well as being being more economic for small scale production).

johan:
Another "easy" resin conversion part would be the 57mm gun that was installed in the SU57 basically a US M3 halftrack. All you need is the gun with pedestal and a new front window. So resinteam @ Rubicon, go for it.

Rubicon Models:

--- Quote from: ultravanillasmurf on February 02, 2019, 03:35:57 pm ---I get the impression (and once again I may be wrong) but these "side projects" are something that is assigned to "new" staff.

As has been discussed previously, there are bottlenecks in their process of delivering a complete boxed kit to the warehouse. Some of them are out of their hands (contract work and availability of moulding machines are two that have been mentioned).

As they expand they will have to have projects for staff to work on. The big complex kits will require a lot of work from their skilled designers. New staff will have to prove themselves, I suspect by being given a project (or even choosing and getting one of their own approved). Some of them might not see the light of day, others may be reviewed and be found to be suitable for release.

The non-plastic kits avoid the production bottleneck (as well as being more economic for small scale production).

--- End quote ---

This is all so true... thanks UVS for explaining this to the other guys!  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version