Rubicon Models > Work In Progress

RESIN Project - 20mm MG151/20 3D Prototypes 190212

(1/4) > >>

Rubicon Models:
New project for Feb 19... 20mm MG151/20 Fla SL 151 in resin & pewter!

- highly details yet simplified for quick assembly & painting
- can adjust cannon elevation & gun rotation of your choice
- come with gunner seat and shoulder-strap option
- will include SdKfz 251/21 parts for conversion

Enjoy!
;)

Pinky:
It's pointless, I know, but - please don't keep doing metal and resin hybrids.  Or, if you must, stick to large models rather than smaller, more intricate things like this.

Tracks:
I don't know if I would call it "Pointless", but probably not high on a lot of people's lists including mine.

Of all the things they could be spending time on, this is what they pick?

I have to ask, who at Rubicon Models decide which projects to start working on?

ripley:
Hmm , very cool . Don't quite get what Rubicon is doing  with these small multi piece resin kits , but I like this gun . Yes , it would be much better as a plastic kit , but the cost of making it in plastic ( molds etc ) might be more than the expected $ return . How many guys who play the game are going to want one ?  Yes us model builder guys probably would , but then again we're not limited in number of vehicles on our shelves like the game guys are with vehicles on the table . The model guys I know have 50 - 75   28mm plastic & resin tanks/ vehicles  , the game guys have at the most 10 .  Here's a few pictures of the Drilling mount . I didn't know it also came on a trailer like the 2omm flak , might be a nice expansion kit idea for Rubicon . I'm also showing a couple of model versions , as I can't find pictures at the moment . But as this gun was self contained on its mount  ( like the Russian quad Maxim ) it could be mounted on almost anything ( seen pictures on one mounted in turret less T-34 )

johan:
As a lot of the halftracks of Kampfgruppe Peiper in Stavelot / la Gleize during the battle of the Bulge were drilings, I very welcome the mere fact that it exists to build into a 251 c or d (propably mostly d) Up to now none was available in 1/56 except through small obscure companies who mostly printed these.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version