Rubicon Models > Work In Progress

RESIN Project - M32B1 ARV - Painted Sample 200116

(1/3) > >>

Rubicon Models:
Another Allies vehicle in resin... the M32B1 ARV based on an M4A1 Sherman.  We probably have forgotten to post this topic on the forum when we uploaded it to Facebook in late October.

This project is by far the most detailed resin kit based on the M32 ARV available in this scale with high accuracy and details...

The prototype...

Enjoy!
;)

H0ffmn:
I don't understand this. This is a complete resin kit? Will this be in addition to a plastic M4A1 kit? If so, why wouldn't Rubicon use the  plastic M4A1 kit with a resin and pewter conversion  kit to make a M32B1?
And if this is instead of a plastic M4A1 kit, why would you make a kit that would only sell a few M32B1 in resin, where you could sell a lot more plastic M4A1 kits? If that's the route you're going to take, why not make and sell a resin M4A1 hull to convert the M4?

Rubicon Models:

--- Quote from: H0ffmn on December 11, 2018, 02:39:28 am ---I don't understand this. This is a complete resin kit? Will this be in addition to a plastic M4A1 kit? If so, why wouldn't Rubicon use the plastic M4A1 kit with a resin and pewter conversion kit to make a M32B1?
And if this is instead of a plastic M4A1 kit, why would you make a kit that would only sell a few M32B1 in resin, where you could sell a lot more plastic M4A1 kits? If that's the route you're going to take, why not make and sell a resin M4A1 hull to convert the M4?

--- End quote ---

The M32B1 ARV will be a multi-medium (resin/pewter/plastic) kit, but the plastic portion only involves the hull, roadwheels and tracks.  We are still working on the M4A1 plastic kit as well speak, the plastic kit won't be available for a while, but this is not the issue here.

There are simply too many small parts on the hull which makes it impractical to make them all in either pewter or resin, then let the customers attach these small pieces onto the M4A1 hull.  There are also design changes on the hull which make the idea of a plastic hull impossible.

Keith:
Never thought we'd see one of these monsters in 1/56th.
Looks spectacular so far.

Really excited by the possibilities opened up with the mixed-media kits, especially now your 'base' Sherman's and MkIVs are in such good shape.

ultravanillasmurf:
That looks nice.

I did have a feeling of deja vu with H0ffman's post, I thought we had looked at this before.

It might be worth mentioning in the descriptive text on the photographs the multi media nature of the kit.

The obvious reason for the resin hull is the lack of the bayonet turret ring, with as you say the bonus of  "pre fitted" components to ease assembly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version