Rubicon Models > Work In Progress

Krupp Protze Kfz 69/70 - TS2 Painted 190510

(1/7) > >>

Rubicon Models:
New project for the month of September - Krupp Protze Kfz 70 standard personnel carrier and Kfz 69 motorised limber.
The German gets a new early-war vehicle (produced between 1934 to 1941) after our two projects on the British 30cwt truck & the American M3A1 scout car!
Comments?

Enjoy!
;)

Tracks:
This will make member EWG very happy for sure. He really likes it when you release early war stuff.

You asked for comments, so here is mine. I am a little surprised that you did not start with the Sdkfz 10 half-track kit first before the Krupp Protze 70. I'm not complaining!! I want the Krupp Protze 69/70 too, but looking at this from a marketing perspective there is a lot of interest for the Sdkfz 10 in a plastic kit. Not only is the Sdkfz 10 half-track also an early war vehicle like the Krupp Protze 70, but also a mid war and late war vehicle - being produced and used from 1938 to 1945. More importantly, with a basic plastic kit of the SdKfz 10, the gamer/modeler and you, Rubicon Models, has more options to make early, mid, and late war variants and other SdKfz 10 field modifications.

Don't get me wrong, something like the Krupp Protze Kfz.69/70 will look great and be of interest to many gamers/modelers, but from a gaming point of view the Krupp Protze is really only an early-war vehicle. Also, the SdKfz 10 Half-track was far more common, and if I had to choose only one between the Krupp Protze 69/70 and the Sdkfz 10 for production, the better choice I would think would be the SdKfz 10 Hal-ftrack. To bad because the Krupp Protze has a really interesting look and design, so why limit yourself?! Why not release both the Krupp Protze 70 and the Sdkfz 10 half-track? The Sdkfz 10 half-track would probably sell better, but I'm pretty confident that both kits will be good sellers for you, Rubicon Models.

Conclusion is that from a gaming point of view the Krupp Protze 69/70 is really only an early-war vehicle while the Sdkfz 10 half-track is also an early war vehicle, but also a mid war and late war vehicle. However, both would make great additions to the Rubicon Models line of 1:56 (28mm) scale plastic kits!

Now that I have made my comments, I can now say I'm very excited to see you, Rubicon Models, releasing a 1:56 (28mm) scale Krupp Protze 69/70 plastic model kit. I know I will be ordering a couple of these for sure! My dream would be to also order several the Sdkfz 10 half-track as well. ;)

EarlyWarGamer:
Early War Gamer is DELIGHTED!!!

I do hope that at some point, an Sd.Kfz 10 becomes a reality. But these two are welcomed with open arms! I am always excited to see something plastic for Early War, and I don't care which nation it is for, or what the vehicle is!

tyroflyer:
Big thumbs up. Although phased out of production relatively early I would be amazed if it couldn't be found in service late in the war and therefore not only for early war gamers. No objection to an Sd.Kfz 10 either.

Jaeger:
This Krupp Protze Kfz 69/70 would make the Sdkfz 247 6 rad command vehicle possible since it was built on the same chassis.
The Protze would fit well with the anti-tanks guns and infantry sets.
Though I too would like to see a Sd.Kfz 10 half track because it's a multi-weapon platform and since it could also be a Sd.Kfz 11.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version