Rubicon Models > Work In Progress

British LRDG Chevrolet 30cwt Truck - Decal Design 190330

(1/9) > >>

Rubicon Models:
No more complaints... last of the April Fools mystery unveiled!
Project for an LRDG Chevrolet 30cwt truck had begun!

Please check for details and omissions so that we can revise it before sending the truck for 3d prototyping.  Much appreciated!

Enjoy!
;)

Pinky:
This looks like a fun kit.  I always liked the Matchbox 1/76 scale version.  It has to come with lots of stowage though - which is a good excuse to do some of the specifically British items missing from the current Allied stowage sprue, and maybe improve on your sculpting of soft stowage like blanket rolls.  Some suggestions:

- teapot or similar item for brewing up
- British-style pressed steel ammo boxes
- proper British knapsacks
- ration boxes
- generic crates and barrels

The tread patterns and the shape of the tyres aren't correct.  The tyres were fatter, and had a diamond tread pattern which was quite distinctive.

Also, it's a small point but the petrol can racks on the running-boards are mis-shapen.  For some reason I can't post photos, but the rack was higher and the guard around the top was vertical, not sloping.  I think the petrol cans themselves are also underscale in your drawing.

ultravanillasmurf:
Nice start.

I just looked at the photographs on Wikipedia https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Range_Desert_Group.

The structures on the front mudguards look like tanks in the drawing but appear to be rolled up sand mats.

Pinky's comment about the can holder can be illustrated by the above photograph. I can see how the shape of the model was "seen" or it might be a variation.

Really looking forward to this one (or three).

Now, how about the heavy weapons option? That would please the Italian gamer/modellers ^__^.

Rubicon Models:

--- Quote from: ultravanillasmurf on April 11, 2018, 05:10:13 pm ---The structures on the front mudguards look like tanks in the drawing but appear to be rolled up sand mats.

--- End quote ---

Yes, we are aware of it.  Those are a placeholder when we are doing the 3d drawings (with the correct size and measurement).  Once done, we will pass the file to our 3d sculptors to do the rolled up sand mats in details.

Rubicon Models:

--- Quote from: ultravanillasmurf on April 11, 2018, 05:10:13 pm ---Now, how about the heavy weapons option? That would please the Italian gamer/modellers ^__^.

--- End quote ---

If you are talking about a Breda 20mm AA Gun, that will be a separate project as we wanted all guns to be a standalone project.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version