Rubicon Models > General Discussions

Q1/2018???

<< < (2/10) > >>

Jaeger:
A year you say....interesting.

ripley:
Its about a year from their first ideas , through the CAD design , to the test plastics and then our comments and then the revisions of the CAD  if needed and then they release it . I'm good with this approach as Rubicon do listen and fix things that they get something  wrong on the initial renders  .For example , 1st look at SU-122/ 85 had the spider wheels  of their T-34/85 . The SU122/85 s had the dish wheels ( early T-34/76 style ) , so they fixed it .   Some companies that just announce kits without getting feed back from the tank fans out here in the real world and hey usually get things wrong either by omission ( pistol ports on BA KV II )  or stupidity ( trying to reuse sprues from previous kits when actually the parts changed ). Yes I would like the kits to come quicker , but I already a stack to build and need to buy food and pay rent , lol

elias.tibbs:
You don’t have to worry about rent ;)

It’s pretty standard in the industry. When I used to work for Big Evil Corp., their lead time was around 2yrs which is why they didn’t like the designers talking about upcoming stuff, mainly as the upcoming stuff was distant memory for them! That said, from what I heard blood bowl was done in 6months but the model quality shows the rush..

Swamprat33:
tick, tock....
Any news yet Rubicon?

ripley:
I sorta glad they're taking their time . I haven't built the stuff they released last 1/4 yet  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version