Author Topic: Showcasing my work - models used for gaming.  (Read 18106 times)

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Showcasing my work - models used for gaming.
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2018, 10:27:26 pm »
I was going to suggest the Tankograd book on the M8 , but I see you've got it , or a  at least know about it  :D Nice to see a crew set coming , they should fit in many  vehicles , I think with a head swap they might even work as Germans
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 09:03:42 am by ripley »

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2018, 10:45:25 pm »
Here's what I think the fenders should look like:

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2018, 11:56:36 pm »
Here's what I think the fenders should look like:

Yep, I agree.
When I got a chance to break out my books, I was able to look at this in more detail. I will need to make some adjustments.

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2018, 05:05:34 pm »
I finally got my Rubicon Models AT-Guns!

I had placed an order for:
Two PaK 36s
Two PaK 38s
Two PaK 40s

However, I only received the two PaK 36s and two PaK 40s. None of the Pak 38s arrived, and I was told they were unavailable - I guess they were out of stock?

I couldn't wait, so I assembled one of the PaK 40 AT-Guns last night.

The AT-Gun was very easy to assemble and the fit of all the parts is good. One or two of the parts fit so well that you need to apply a little pressure. It will fit like a glove! Part A19 is a good example.

There is one mistake in the instructions. It was easy to figure out, so even for a beginner is shouldn't cause too many issues. Parts A14 and A25 are already shown assembled and are collectively labelled part A14. Before "Step 1", you have a "Step 0", and that is to glue parts A14 and A25 together.

Another issue was part A18 (gun sight). Its not perfectly clear where it goes and the diagram can be a bit misleading if you are not careful. It doesn't help that none of the illustrations in the instructions show you where it is supposed to be located once glued. To be safe, I looked at some actual PaK 40 AT-Guns to pinpoint exactly where part A18 should be glued - lines up with the view port in the gun shield if that helps. ;)

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2018, 06:29:14 pm »
Nice.

Can you show where you positioned the sight?

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2018, 08:14:34 pm »
Good to know . The sight position  on the 251/9 guns  are rather vague as well . Its not impossible to put together , just lots of fiddling around .  It would be easier if Rubicon gave you a close up view of placement in the plans , or actually had a pin on one  piece to fit in a hole on the other . How are the crew figures ?

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2018, 10:38:03 pm »
I had similar issues with the gun and shield on the Marder.

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2018, 12:37:07 am »
How are the crew figures ?

They are the best Rubicon figures so far.  I still think they are too soft, and the heads and helmets seem a bit 'blobby', but I still prefer the 'heroic' look.   I think most people will be very happy with them.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2018, 07:35:32 am »
With each new release , Rubicon's vehicles improve , so I think the same thing will happen with their figures . It just might take a little longer that's all .  I've seen resin figures of various tall / short / thin / fat guys , with the picture they used for inspiration . And still some of the figures looked " funny " although they matched the people in the picture perfectly . Maybe we're just  used to the  stocky heroic type of guys that the  real to- scale guys look odd ?

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2018, 05:29:51 pm »
Can you show where you positioned the sight?

I will try.

Good to know . The sight position  on the 251/9 guns  are rather vague as well . Its not impossible to put together , just lots of fiddling around .  It would be easier if Rubicon gave you a close up view of placement in the plans , or actually had a pin on one  piece to fit in a hole on the other . How are the crew figures ?

Agreed.

As for the figures, they are good. They are more anatomically correct than most other gaming figures, but look good with Perry figs. I also agree with some of Pinky's comments above.

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2018, 06:13:34 pm »
Here is a detailed picture of my PaK 40 focusing on the gun sight (part A18).

Note that the gun sight (part A18) should line up with the square view port on the gun shield (part A20). I recommend that you glue the gun shield on last after you assemble all the other parts in step 1, but if you want to add part A18 after gluing part A20, have a pair of tweezers handy.

The square shaped view port on the gun shield (A20) is made in a closed position (shutter is closed), but with care it can be modified to be in an open position. A true die-hard modeller would have cut out the square view port on part A20 if the gun is being built as a deployed AT-Gun ready for action. However, I'm more of a gamer than a modeller. Also I couldn't wait to assemble the PaK 40 AT-Gun and only thought of it after I finished assembling the model.

Rubicon Models' PaK 40 model kit is so much better than all of my metal/pewter PaK 40s (Bolt Action/Warlord, Black Tree, or Artizan) that I plan to replace them all! Also, not only is the Rubicon PaK 40 AT Gun more accurate, better detailed, and overall looks much better, but its also so much easier to assemble than the pewter/metal kits!

There is also the conversion possibilities! Highly recommended that you get at least a couple of the Rubicon Models PaK 40 AT-Gun plastic model kit.

I still do not have the PaK 38 model kit - these were not shipped and was told they are not available at the time of order. If they are as good as the PaK 40 model kit, then it will be worth the wait. Sadly though, I have to wait. It is okay because I can always proxy my PaK 40s as 38s until that time comes.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 08:31:44 pm by Tracks »

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2018, 03:31:41 pm »
Quick update. I assembled one of the PaK 36 kits.
Not as fun to assemble as the PaK 40, but still a good kit.
The nice thing about the PaK 36 kit is that you get the parts to make a 250/10 or 251/10.

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2018, 04:52:07 pm »
Thanks for the detail photograph.

The nice thing about the PaK 36 kit is that you get the parts to make a 250/10 or 251/10.
Or a 3.7 cm Pak auf Fahrgestell Bren(e).

Or in my case an LRDG gun truck (okay they probably would not have bolted one on a 15CWT CMP).

It is on my list.

When do we get to see yours?

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2018, 10:41:09 pm »
Taking a break from Rubicon AT-Guns.

Two plastic Panzer 38(t)s... work in progress.
They still need need some finishing touches, a final clear coat, and painting the tank commander for 232.
Not Rubicon Models, so do not tell, but I did used Rubicon Models decals on these models.

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2018, 12:35:34 am »
I must say they look rather good.  Much less heavy handed detail than I expected.  Great paintjob, as usual.