Author Topic: My very first Rubicon Models.  (Read 8980 times)

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: My very first Rubicon Models.
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2017, 08:01:52 am »
Whereabouts in the world are you? If it’s EU I can help you get hold of kits.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2017, 07:08:00 pm »
I finally had a chance to look at my new kits, and the first thing that popped out at me was the explosion on the T-34 and SU-85 kits. Did anyone else notice that the explosion in the background are exactly the same, but only reversed? It just stood out for me even though it has nothing to do with the kit itself.

Anyway, about the kits. I like the gray plastic they are now using. Still of great quality, but now its just gray. Because I did not know this fact before I ordered the kits, I was pleasantly surprised by the "Free Bonus" you get with the T-34/85 kit. I guess they had room on the sprue or something, but it could also be a marketing ploy?

I already knew this about the Pak 36 kit before getting it, but I'm still disappointed in the fact that the kit "Includes both standalone & vehicle-mounted PaK 36 AT Gun", but you can only build one standalone. Would have been much better had they given you the option to assembling two standalone AT-Guns instead of only just one. The other is used for vehicle-mount only and requires part E15, so why include parts E16 & E17, which are the same, for the "Field Deploy"? You only need one of them.

After looking at the Pak 36 sprue, some re-arrangement and possible removal of some non-critical parts would be needed to get the needed space for the eight needed parts (E20,26,30,33,34,35,37,38) to fit for two standalone AT-Guns. Especially the wheels (E37 & E38), but I feel it could have been done more or less easily. Also, parts E14 and E15 are interestingly marked.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2017, 07:40:26 pm »
I already knew this about the Pak 36 kit before getting it, but I'm still disappointed in the fact that the kit "Includes both standalone & vehicle-mounted PaK 36 AT Gun", but you can only build one standalone. Would have been much better had they given you the option to assembling two standalone AT-Guns instead of only just one.

If we were to include TWO standalone AT-guns, then we will need to include another set of gun crew, which will make the RRP higher because of the extra material cost.  Our aim is to provide one main standalone gun with crew, and the mounted version as a bonus option.

The other is used for vehicle-mount only and requires part E15, so why include parts E16 & E17, which are the same, for the "Field Deploy"? You only need one of them.

E16/E17 is for full-shield AT gun (standalone/mounted), and E15 is for half-shield (mounted) only.  They look similar but different.

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2017, 12:42:49 am »
I already knew this about the Pak 36 kit before getting it, but I'm still disappointed in the fact that the kit "Includes both standalone & vehicle-mounted PaK 36 AT Gun", but you can only build one standalone. Would have been much better had they given you the option to assembling two standalone AT-Guns instead of only just one.

If we were to include TWO standalone AT-guns, then we will need to include another set of gun crew, which will make the RRP higher because of the extra material cost.  Our aim is to provide one main standalone gun with crew, and the mounted version as a bonus option.

I would have been perfectly happy with just the one crew set, but I see your situation. If you had included the extra parts for making two standalone AT-Guns, then someone would have complained and said, "They give you two AT-Guns, but only one set of crew!". And we all know that will happen, so with this in mind I withdraw my disappointment statement.

The other is used for vehicle-mount only and requires part E15, so why include parts E16 & E17, which are the same, for the "Field Deploy"? You only need one of them.

E16/E17 is for full-shield AT gun (standalone/mounted), and E15 is for half-shield (mounted) only.  They look similar but different.

Okay, I see this now. Thank you for pointing this important detail (step 2a) out to me.

Rubicon Models, thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. As for the Pak 36, it is a nice kit. Keep up the good work! The problem now is that now I want to order more to replace the Pak 36 miniatures cast in metal I have in my collection.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2017, 01:06:52 am »
@Tracks, this forum is where we talk to customers and supports who are serious about our products.  We take feedback and comments seriously. 

We can't be monitoring the market day in day out, and we are not "expert" in WW2 vehicles either.  We are just trying to create something people loved to build and play! 

We are gamers and modellers too, and we do have our "standards & perspectives" of what a game piece should look like... not a piece of badly cast or designed resin at a high price point!