Rubicon Models > Wish Lists

SdKfz 10 Halftrack

(1/11) > >>

Jimmy_P:

The SdKfz 10 was one of the most widely produced German vehicles of the war (14,000 odd) and formed the base of the 250 halftrack. There is only one manufacturer of a (resin) kit in 1/56, which still surprises me - it has a wide range of uses as a tow throughout the whole of the war and a number of interesting variants that could be modelled. Including of course the 10/4 and 5 AA which are likely to be of particular interest from a wargaming perspective.

I'd certainly pick up more than a few of them, for a number of different uses, and it seems like a particular gap in the market which Rubicon could fill - would go nicely with the range of AT and AA guns in progress too.

tyroflyer:
Agreed. A vehicle produced in large numbers that would find a place in any German army of WWII.

EarlyWarGamer:
I have been looking for this very thing in 1/56 and have not yet stumbled upon the single resin kit you mentioned. Who makes it?

This vehicle is far more interesting to me than the ever-present Sd.Kfz 7. Yes, those 88's need to be towed by something, but how often do those show up in games anyway?  And when they do, are they usually parked way in the back along a table edge (given their range).  Do we need to have their transport handy?  It's not likely to be hitched up to the gun to move and reposition the thing, is it?

Whereas the Sd.Kfz 10 towed all sorts of early and mid-war weaponry, and would be far more likely to show up on a tabletop, probably actually towing the weapon itself.

What was the standard tow for the Pak 36 37mm ATG?  Yep, The Sd.Kfz 10
Didd it tow the Pak 38 50mm ATG? Yes indeed.  And the ammo trailers as well.
How about the 20mm Flak 38 AA? Yes
Nebelwerfer 41? Yepper
Maybe the LeIG 18 75mm Artillery piece.

Not to mention the 10/1, 10/2, 10/3, 10/4 and 10/5 variants.

So yes, three cheers for the Sd.Kfz 10!!!

tyroflyer:
I'm with you EWG. Although I think the Sd.Kfz.7 is an interesting vehicle and deserves inclusion by Rubicon it, and many other vehicles, don't really belong in the front line. I sometimes think they should be on a secondary table where they are only likely to be in danger from enemy artillery and tactical aircraft. At 1/56 scale they really shouldn't be mixing it with the opposing infantry and therefore on the primary gaming table unless broken down! 

johan:
Army Group North has a resin sdkfz 10 and sdkfz 10/5

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version