Author Topic: What's Warlord up to?  (Read 86705 times)

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: What's Warlord up to?
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2018, 07:19:05 pm »
I have just noticed the turret hatches are open, would you want that when flaming?

Maybe for a quick exit?  These flamethrower tanks must have been as scary to use as they were to face.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2018, 08:15:28 pm »
I would have thought if Warlord was  going to all the trouble to make the Croc trailer , they would have released it with the Churchill Mk VII . Its really only a few changes to the hull , round side doors and driver's visor , and a new cast turret . Its like releasing the Ferdinand hull , but instead of the SPG casement you get the early Tiger P upper body and turret , oh wait , that would be awesome , I want one  ::)

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2018, 10:52:34 pm »
If they put a crocodile trailer on an M4A4 then they’ve cocked it up right away! Should just be a standard M4, so either they’ll use the existing plastic kit with either plastic or resin add ons  (boo, it’s rubbish..), bring out a new plastic M4 (very doubtful), have this as a fully resin kit (no issue with this) or use their M4A4 kit (wouldn’t put t past them..).
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2018, 06:14:12 am »
It’s not their Sherman V/M4A4 - it’s got the cast transmission housing.  I’d guess it’s their plastic M4 with a resin trailer.

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2018, 02:40:23 pm »
Don’t trust the box art though, their current M4 plastic kits has a large hatch on the front of the box..
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2018, 11:02:10 am »
Good point!  I still think it will be a resin upgrade of a plastic kit though.

Ballardian

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2018, 10:25:06 pm »
a resin upgrade of a plastic kit
I tend to agree, though I found it odd that they'd choose this version of a flamethrower M4 at all - I'd assumed that it was mostly aimed at PTO players Marine Corps forces - where there would be other choices (the  M3-4-3 & M3-4-E6R3.) That you'd pick a rare M4 variant when Churchill Crocs were plentiful is peculiar - but I suppose it could be thought of as another use for the model.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 02:03:40 am by Ballardian »

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2018, 03:24:24 pm »
Crocodile is a resin/metal upgrade kit for their existing M4 kit.

Which means I’ll buy it and put the extra bits on a Rubicon Sherman instead.

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2018, 03:36:38 pm »
Warlord have previewed plastic 8th Army and Afrika Korps figures, and what seem to be new US Army figures.

Ballardian

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2018, 09:23:13 pm »

They also had the sprues for their 8.8cm FlaK 36 & a pre-production PaK 43 in the 'coming soon' cabinet at Salute.

Lovstrom

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2018, 09:29:04 pm »
 Interestingly enough Perry miniatures have just published some early work American infantry. Early uniform for Tunisia and Sicily. I can't see that they could not also be used as Normandy troops. As far as I know not everyone had updated uniforms at that time. Perry have a lot better to scale size of their miniatures. I personally liked their other ww2 plastic boxes. I am getting very frustrated with Warlord for their unhistorical weapon mix and size.
Sven

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2018, 10:46:50 pm »
They also had the sprues for their 8.8cm FlaK 36 & a pre-production PaK 43 in the 'coming soon' cabinet at Salute.

Just too busy at Salute to go over to the Warlord booth and take a look at their coming soon display.  From what I was told, the plastic  FlaK 36 is just the gun without crew; and the PaK 43 is resin with pewter parts.  Is this correct?

Lucky for us, ours is a FlaK 36 or 37 with both crew and carriage; and our FlaK 43 will come with crew and carriage as well.

;)

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2018, 11:00:19 pm »
Interestingly enough Perry miniatures have just published some early work American infantry. Early uniform for Tunisia and Sicily. I can't see that they could not also be used as Normandy troops. As far as I know not everyone had updated uniforms at that time. Perry have a lot better to scale size of their miniatures. I personally liked their other ww2 plastic boxes. I am getting very frustrated with Warlord for their unhistorical weapon mix and size.
Sven
They had some "three ups" at Salute (for those pre-digital sculpting the physical masters are sculpted three times final size and the moulds are produced using a pantograph running over the surface, scaling down the size. There is a funny story about a company who sent the three ups for mould making and got the moulds back with 75mm size figures...).

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2018, 11:18:28 pm »
RE: Perry's WW2 American...

I was talking to Alan Perry at Salute during a break, he told me they still have to do one more set of plastic mounted Agincourt Knights 1415-29 before they can do anything with the WW2 Americans.  This is what he said...

"Michael was showing the very early stages of some WWII US Infantry (Mediterranean theatre) he's been working on. Only two at the moment but the will be twelve torsos (with enough frames for three squads) on the main frame plus more on the command. They are wearing the M1941 Parsons field jacket, standard in Tunisia and Italy although still seen on troops up to the end of the war, plus canvas gaiters. There will be all the weapons you'd expect on the frame and more if we have room. There is no release date for these either (mainly as Michael has only just started making them!)"

;)

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2018, 04:02:47 am »
If they’re using Renedra (which they will), it’ll be a while.