Rubicon Models > Wish Lists

early StuG

(1/4) > >>

aphillathehun:

Apologies if this has been suggested before.  I don't really frequent this forum - I just check in periodically - so please forgive any interruption.

Any plans for doing early versions of the StuG?

tyroflyer:
Nice idea, although it will need to be a very early version if you intend to invade France in 1940.

Among German vehicles I would prefer to see Pz I, Pz !!, Pz38(t) & very early Pz III & IV come first.

ultravanillasmurf:
My thought is that Stug III would be part of a Panzer III design project similar to the Panzer IV.

ripley:
While an early Stug III would be fantastic , Rubicon's probably going to have to pick only  one version , as the A- F , F8 had lots of little cosmetic body / hull changes that would be a PITA to try and produce in a 2/3 sprue multi version  kit . Maybe design a generic wargame  short 75 Stug , not a right down to the last detail model kit Stug ( I can't believe I'm saying that  :-[ ). While I love as much detail as possible in larger scales , I feel  if we nit pick too much  in 28mm , we may never get any of the small production run armored   vehicles we want .

tyroflyer:
You make a valid case ripley however Rubicon are building an enviable reputation for producing first rate kits that are attempting to differentiate between variants (Sherman/Panzer IV). Surely that reputation would be damaged by going down the generic route. Perhaps a competitor will attempt to do that but I would be disappointed if Rubicon were to go that way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version