Author Topic: Introduce Yourself Here...  (Read 81802 times)

alexandroslm

• Cadet
    • View Profile
    • Tanks Prozac and other Drugs
Re: Introduce Yourself Here...
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2015, 04:01:31 pm »
Hi there:

I'm Alejandro, from Spain, veteran wargamer, I played a lot of games, and read a lot rulebooks. My favorite period is a WWII , currently I spend my wargame time playing Chain of command. We play on almost all theatres, Easter front, Western Front, Desert, Pacific.
I've Discovered Rubicon Pz IV a couple month ago and I think all models are incredibly easy to built , and easy to paint, and full details.

poi

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2015, 11:55:14 pm »
Hi

Poi, from the UK here.

Just got my first three kits from you (via PSC) takes me back to my Airfix youth. Can't wait to crack open the glue.

CFRNelson

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2015, 01:04:25 am »
Hi I'm Chris I've been  a wargamer for a long time. Interested in WWII

Galland77

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2015, 10:58:17 pm »
Hi from the soudest of the south!!

johnpm

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2015, 04:30:30 am »
I'm John, I've been a wargamer longer than I can remember.  I run Forest Wargames club. Our aim is to introduce the hobby to the general public, with nice simple rules. We run 4 games per year at Conkers in Leicestershire.

Signals20

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2015, 07:16:04 am »
Hello, all.

I'm Poul from Fredericia, Denmark.

Born 1971, been playing Roleplay games and TT wargames since 1985 (Warhammer FB 3th edition was my first true TT ruleset), still playing.

Father of five, been working in the Danish army since 1991, currently holding the rank of captain.

These days, I'm mostly into skirmish type rules, with stuff like Mordheim and now Frostgrave providing variation to my main interest, WW2 gaming.
Been around the block rules-wise, from Battalions in Crisis over Battleground WW2 up to the modern sets like Bolt Action and Chain of Command. Also dabbled with Flames of War once.

Really like CoC for it's elegant flow, and this is what I'm playing the most at the moment.
However, Bolt Action is also played once in a while, especially with my old WH buddies, who find the BA rules easier to understand, and because you can bring more stuff to bear with that ruleset :-)

Have quite a no. of WW2 scale vehicles, from the Quarter-kit/Solido/Verem diecasts over Corgi and many of the more recent resin cast companies. BUT - really love the versatility of the plastic sets, and am a big fan of 1/56 over 1/48!!!

Have a lot of the Rubicon kits, and love them.   

With most WW2 28mm battles being essential infantry skirmishes, vehicles you would expect to find coorperation closely with infantry are the most useful, IMHO. Hence, I love the StuGs, SU76, Hetzers and all types of support, recon and transport vehicles, but have little use for tanks. SOmething has gone horribly wrong if tanks get tangled up in the type of fight you get in this scale.

stevepalffy

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2015, 09:48:34 pm »
Hi
Steve here...
Been building models of things for as long as I can remember. ..like mostly tanks and aircraft but have built some of everything over time..
Really enjoy the simplicity of these kits as I like to paint more than build these days...
Mostly interested in WWII subjects and getting into bolt action as well....

Remgain

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2015, 05:48:12 pm »
Ciao from Italia!

I'm Marco, 58, from Milan.
I started playing wargames more than 40 years ago in the very first wargame association in Italy, ARES.
Here the shameless link to our Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ARES.MILANO/?fref=nf

During this looong period I played practically every period and age, mass battles and skirmish, any scales.
As many of the fellows here, I am/was a modeller before  than a player so, let's say that I can be labelled as "bolt counter"! ;)
Surely, today, with all the informations available on the net, it's impossible to do anything wrong!!
Although I'm totally sure that the "right colour" doesn't exists.

Speaking of games, lately I'm really fond of Toofatlardies Chain of Command (Bolt Action players, let's give it a try!!).
I own a late war platoon of US (infantry and para), British (infantry and Para), German (Infantry, SS and Para) and Russian infantry plus supports, and tanks.
I already have the minis, but I have to paint them, for Italians (infantry and para) and Afrika Korps.

I'm very interested in Rubicon kits (I already own a Panther, StuG and Sherman, and waiting for M8 armoured car), I really appreciate the possibility to build more than one version.
IMHO if the price would be a little cheaper than "you know who", that should be a blast!
And, please, add a tank commander in your kits!!

That's all!!

Ciao,
Marco

Panzerjackson

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2016, 11:52:42 am »
Hi my name is Jackson and I have been playing historical tabletop games since I was 10. I have always been into tanks since I was really little so model tanks became a childhood obsession. I got into rubicon when I made the jump from 15mm WWII to 28mm WWII. My current goal in modeling/gaming is to follow the 2nd SS Panzer Division through the war and build up what I hope will be a "division sized collection". Right now I am in college studying military history/theory so the collecting is slow but methodical. Still I find Rubicon kits to be very detailed, yet easy enough to put together in a small dorm room. I look forward to chatting here on the forums.   

bill ferguson

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2016, 04:46:10 pm »
Hi everyone...my name is Bill Ferguson. ....you might know me as the Scenic Doctor.
I have been modelling  now for 40 years making all kinds of models..conversions, scratch building and resin castings.
the picture here is the Rubicon panzer iv short barrel with hatches opened and converted plastic figures.

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2016, 04:51:33 pm »
Bill - could you put up some more photos of your Rubicon Panzer IV in the gallery?  It looks like a great model.

GoWestover

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2016, 09:30:33 am »
Hello,

Gordon Allen here.

I've been painting miniatures for over 30 years and putting models together off-and-on for even longer. The first tank models I ever put together were produced by Monogram, back in the 70s, and they were an unusual 1/32 scale. Included in the box was a "How to Build a Diorama" bi-fold article featuring the purchased model being painted and placed in a diorama by Shepherd Paine. Upon seeing how cool his dioramas looked, I became a life-long "tread head"!

Decades have passed, but my friends and I have recently started playing the game Bolt Action and are having a lot of fun with it. Being the case, I've started to pick up the 1/56 scale models appropriate for the force I want to play with, and I have been very impressed with what I've seen of Rubicon Models. The details are great, and I like the way you can swap parts between certain model kits to enable a player to field more types of armored vehicles - truly a company with the gamer in mind.

My first model kit that I've purchased is the M10 Tank Destroyer. I haven't put it together yet, but I'm looking forward to starting on it very soon, and will post pictures once I've painted it up!

Cheers!

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2016, 04:38:24 pm »
I've been painting miniatures for over 30 years and putting models together off-and-on for even longer. The first tank models I ever put together were produced by Monogram, back in the 70s, and they were an unusual 1/32 scale. Included in the box was a "How to Build a Diorama" bi-fold article featuring the purchased model being painted and placed in a diorama by Shepherd Paine. Upon seeing how cool his dioramas looked, I became a life-long "tread head"!

I realised when I read this that I have a similar background.  I had been building plastic kits for years before I came across Mongram's 1/32 scale tanks, but it was their M3 Lee - and more particularly Shep Paine's beautifully written and illustrated guide - that converted me into a treadhead.  Sadly, I couldn't get anything close to the model in the guide, and I'll never equal his artistry.  I think 1/56 scale is perfect for modellers who don't want to spend the time and effort involved in 1/35 scale kits, and wargamers who like models a bit more substantial than 15mm and 1/72 scale.

I just found out that Shep died last year.   

oreoc23

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2016, 10:16:11 am »
Greetings ALL

My name is Andy & I live in Colorado Springs, Colorado (USA). I'm an old retired Tanker, that served over 20 years in the active Army on M48's, M60's and finished up on M1A1's.

I've been war-gaming since 1970. I have an interest in ACW, Colonials, WW1, WW2 and the Cold War. I've recently discovered Rubicon and like their modeling concepts. I am new to the Forums... But hope to get a lot of great ideas on modeling, painting and possibly gaming!

See you on the High Ground!

Golf Alpha Zulu

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2016, 03:57:36 pm »
Golf Alpha Zulu checking in from Cape Town, South Africa...

We have a small but active historical gaming club here playing a bit of everything and anything, but the club is currently binging on 28mm WW2 games... hence my interest in Rubicon kits....

See you in the discussion threads...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 10:35:18 pm by Golf Alpha Zulu »