Author Topic: Introduce Yourself Here...  (Read 81789 times)

pezzapoo

• Cadet
  • Cross the Rubicon!
    • View Profile
    • Dark Ops Terrain
Re: Introduce Yourself Here...
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2017, 05:20:55 pm »
Hi tank nuts. I'm Steve Perry from the Rubicon Models Community FB page.
Love the work on here, keep it up.
Pez

somtec

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 25, 2017, 01:34:20 am »
Hi gents, Iam new to the world of 1/56 scale, a modeller rather than a gamer , i saw a m3 halftrack and thought why not, very impressed indeed so i ordered another along with a m4a3 sherman. they could be the first of many.  Not into ww2 as such but the halftracks and shermans are amongst my favourite vehicles used by the Israelis so a few conversions are the order of the day. Eagerly awaiting the m4 and m4hybrid kits to hit the shelves, hoping the m4a1 76mm is not to far away. Just need to get hold of more easy 8 track sets.
Anyway seasons greeting to everyone

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 25, 2017, 04:04:35 am »
Welcome . It would be nice if track sets or separate sprues  could be purchased for kit bashing purposes like Asuka ( Tasca ) do in 1/35 . Maybe some one on here might trade you a set .

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 25, 2017, 05:45:23 am »
It is a frame by itself. I queried it and was told that they’re not in a position to do it yet though.

I have lots of HVSS, but will need them for many many more Sherman’s.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 25, 2017, 06:17:13 am »
Maybe we could start a  " parts wanted " thread . If I get around to picking up a M4A3 I'm not going to need the HVSS wheel sets so I'll pass them on .

somtec

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 25, 2017, 02:35:38 pm »
thanks guys, only got the one on order so far but i can see plenty more shermans in the future.

somtec

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 25, 2017, 02:41:18 pm »
Maybe the admin could set up another section for wants, trades etc

luminous_fish

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2018, 06:40:26 pm »
Hi all, quick intro. I'm a wargamer, always prefered 28mm, and happy to see a great quality manufacturer bringing an expanding range to this scale!

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2018, 12:27:49 am »
Welcome . Its a pretty good bunch of folks  on here , and Rubicon , unlike some companies , like to have feedback on their ideas and projects  . Post some of your work in the  showcase thread , always nice to see what folks are working on

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2018, 05:57:34 pm »
Welcome . Its a pretty good bunch of folks  on here , and Rubicon , unlike some companies , like to have feedback on their ideas and projects  . Post some of your work in the  showcase thread , always nice to see what folks are working on

I second this.

Yvonmukluk

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2018, 03:48:43 am »
Hello!

I'm a wargamer from the UK and I'm glad to see a manufacturer making quality plastic tanks, especially for ones that previously didn't have plastic options.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2018, 05:54:13 am »
Welcome  , it's  nice to have new folks joining us . What kind of tanks and AFVs do you like ?  Post some of your builds in the show case thread . Always nice to see what others  have built or kit bashed using the available 28mm - 1/56 plastics and resin kits

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2018, 11:02:32 pm »
The community is slowly growing.

zedeyejoe

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2018, 05:19:25 pm »
Hello, Justin Taylor here. Wargamer for 47 years. I own Veni Vidi Vici which does decals and wargame rules. Just about to build my first Rubicon model which I picked up at last weekends Britcon. I will report back on how the different glues work.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2018, 07:58:25 pm »
Welcome . Post your  build in the Showcase thread . It's always nice to see what folks are doing . If possible let us know any tips or tricks you used on your build , always nice to learn how other's tweak their kits .