Author Topic: Panzer IV  (Read 3568 times)

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
Panzer IV
« on: January 23, 2017, 10:54:59 pm »
Here's my Panzer IV collection .

Just a few mods on these 2 , mostly adding scratch schurzen rails and panels and a few bits on the hull rears

This  one I decided to open up and add a crew , so I left the kit skirts alone .

This is my D . Still haven't figured out the turret doors . And I really should modify the cupola and turret roof . Still have one unbuilt kit so when I figure it out I'll swap turrets

Comparing hull rears G - D

Company B resin Wirbelwind conversion . A nice kit , a little tricky to put together , I found the metal guns to be very soft and easily bent . I added zimmeret as most were converted from tanks that had it . Its actually a resin copy I made of some Dragon zim , stamped into plastercine . Not to scale of course , but it looks the part

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Panzer IV
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 10:58:46 pm »
And since I had a turret left over . I decided to make A Panzerturm

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 12:25:06 am »
Very good.

The crew look good, what did you use?

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 12:53:59 am »
The crew look good, what did you use?

Yes indeed - Ripley does some nice conversions.  I'm guessing a mixture of sources?

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 01:46:45 am »
Commander and driver , BA plastic Brits with German heads ( Meng bolts for headphones) . The machine gunner is one of the crew from BA plastic Uni Carrier , clothing detail shaved off , new Panzer tunic lapels out of thin plastic card then liquid grn stuff . The loader is the other seated Uni figure with replaced arms , gunner is 1/48 Tamiya seated figure from the parts box , replaced arms and head . Although I do love kit bashing and converting figures , I'm really looking forward to someone releasing some crew kits  :D