Rubicon Models > Showcase & Gallery

My T-34 Horde

<< < (2/3) > >>

ripley:
Pinky , here's some diagrams of the Uralmash turret from the Myth Weapon book

ultravanillasmurf:
Lovely work.

That turret in the diagram looks like the one from IWM, which is one of the reasons my T34/85 has taken so long, I tried to reshape the Rubicon turret, add the power traverse bulge and the downward bulge shown in your diagram.

I will have to look out for that book. Thanks.

ripley:
The Uralmash turret shown is armed with the 76mm gun not the 85, no bulge in the 76 . But I know your problem , so many variants and factory changes during production makes it hard to figure out . Not to mention , the 85 was manufactured well into the 60s in Poland and the Czech Republic  , and they had their own versions ! It is a great book , a bit pricey ( $100) but IMO , if you like to build lots of different versions of the same tank and I do , its perfect . Just the turret cast patterns alone could give you over half a dozen 85 versions , all really easy to do with green stuff and plastic strip . What version are you looking for , I could post a picture or two

ultravanillasmurf:
Ah, yes the bulge in the diagram is forward of the centre of the turret ring (ignoring all the other differences).

This Czechoslovakian example is the one I am trying to model.

The above is of course a 305mm to the foot one.

Pinky:

--- Quote from: ripley on January 18, 2017, 10:43:34 am ---Pinky , here's some diagrams of the Uralmash turret from the Myth Weapon book

--- End quote ---

Thanks.  It's kind of lame that Warlord got it so wrong.  Rubicon made a few mistakes with their early kits, but they've improved pretty consistently.  Warlord and even italeri seem inconsistent.  Look at the huge variations in the quality, style and even the dimensions of the crew figures in their kits.  And I was very surprised to discover that the M3/M3A1 kit only really builds an M3 - the so-called M3A1 is wrong.  With all their resources and combined experience, you'd think they'd avoid that kind of mistake...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version