Rubicon Models > Wish Lists

Italian M13/40

<< < (2/17) > >>

ripley:
It and its Semovente  cousin , like the 38t , are so cool looking all covered in rivets . Probably really crap in the game , but cool . Hopefully Rubicon gets their skills to the level where this style vehicle becomes much easier to design . The Stug III was better designed than the Panzer III , and we can see the improvements their making on the new Sherman designs .  Of course what usually happens is you give up waiting , spend mega bucks on a nice resin kit , and then they release the plastic one , so who wants to take one for the team ? lol

Pinky:
After the superb work that Rubicon did with the Crusader, we know they could produce a fantastic kit of the M13/40.  But they mentioned that doing all those rivets is very labour-intensive, and there must be a big question about the popularity of Italian armour.  Although ESCI's 1/72 scale M13/40 and Semovente seemed to be very popular at the time.

H0ffmn:
As far as the M-13/40's popularity,Tamiya thought enough of the kit to re-tool the1/35 molds and reissue the M-13/40. I know that they are a large company, but I think that there would have to be some kind of a demand for them to  invest the money to re-tool the kit.Another company who makes 28mm resin kits, only box their more popular kits for sale here in the U.S. , and the M-13/40 is one of those kits...........

ripley:
And the word is that a plastic box of Italian Infantry is on the cards after the Brit Paras  ( and  the Greatcoat / Winter Germans ?  )

Pinky:
Then I shall continue the campaign for some Rubicon Italian tanks.  Although, being Italian, you'd think that Italeri would want to do them (their 1/35 scale M13/40 kit was once considered a standard-setting model, and formed the template for ESCI's 1/72 scale version).  I would have preferred Italian infantry from the Perrys, so they're consistent with the DAK and 8th Army figures. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version