Rubicon Models > Wish Lists

Italian M13/40

<< < (3/17) > >>

ripley:
I hope someone brings out , let's say , the  less cool  tanks  in plastic .  ::) We know for the most part what Rubicon is working on , other companies seem to guard their plans like it's a state secret .  You would think they would want some feed back from gamers and model builders , wouldn't you ?   There are a few small resin companies making some  French , Italian and Japanese tanks , which seem quite popular with those who like to build resin kits . I hope the market keeps growing on the plastic side as well .

tyroflyer:
It would be nice if Rubicon could, even if rarely, produce a model that is out of the mainstream. It would give some of us hope that less common vehicles will see the light of day. Some of Rubicon's early statements suggest this is the intention once the business is firmly established. The M13/40 would be a good place to start. If it sold well there would hopefully be more.

Personally I think most of Rubicon's choices are great but I'm less enthused with anti-tank guns and various crewed weapons because I'm more likely to buy them in metal.

Pinky:

--- Quote from: tyroflyer on January 09, 2017, 01:30:19 pm ---Personally I think most of Rubicon's choices are great but I'm less enthused with anti-tank guns and various crewed weapons because I'm more likely to buy them in metal.

--- End quote ---

Generally, I think they've made some great choices - vehicles like the SU-122, M36 and M5A1/M8 were very welcome.  Not to mention their growing range of trucks.  I also like the idea of plastic anti-tank guns, as I prefer all of my figures to be plastic (they're also a good opportunity to build mini-dioramas).  I'm less keen on the heavy focus on German subjects, however - I think a Pak 38 or 40 would have been enough, and would have preferred a Soviet or British gun. 

ultravanillasmurf:

--- Quote from: ripley on January 09, 2017, 11:13:18 am ---And the word is that a plastic box of Italian Infantry is on the cards after the Brit Paras  ( and  the Greatcoat / Winter Germans ?  )

--- End quote ---
Will they be desert Italians? In which case their decision on style will be interesting. I agree with Pinky that Perry style would match the existing North Africa figures better.

ultravanillasmurf:
I do not have the Bolt Action Axis book, what are the equivalent British and German tanks (points wise).

My guess is Armoured Car; light AT; coax mg; front arc mg with extra die; optional aamg. Possibly rivetted construction.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version