Author Topic: Panther F WIP  (Read 5653 times)

Ballardian

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Panther F WIP
« on: May 26, 2016, 11:59:26 pm »
 Here's the beginning of my Panther F, using your excellent Ausf G kit with Heer46's equally splendid Ausf F turret.
  So far It's only received a dunkelgelb base, (thought I'd try panel modulation) but will eventually recieve a late pattern DB        ambush camo scheme.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 12:07:22 am by Ballardian »

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
Re: Panther F WIP
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 01:20:55 am »
Very nice.

I look forward to seeing the finished model.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 04:43:24 am »
That looks very nice . What paint brand did you use ?

Ballardian

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 08:20:23 am »
Thanks, the paint is Mig Ammo, MIG 901, 902, 903 & 904 - all Dg shades from Dark Base to High Light - you can get them in a set for little under £9 (if you're in the UK I've had excellent service from SandM stuff - careful how you Google that one). There's also a hard line highlight on some parts, also Mig, MIG 012 Dunkelgelb aus 44 DG III.
 I'm thinking of doing a late hard edged three colour camo of the Daimler - Benz factory type so I'm looking for something to make the masks with. I've used tape & white-tak in the past but never been entirely happy with either, so I plan to get hold of some Panzer Putty or the PK Pro equivalent, so if anyone's had any experience with the stuff I'd love to know what you think of it.

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 08:26:29 am »
Looks good.  The IR gear is well replicated.  I guess, since this tank never actually saw service, that you could pretty much invent your own camo scheme. 

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2016, 04:18:24 pm »
I guess, since this tank never actually saw service, that you could pretty much invent your own camo scheme.
It depends what it is for.

If it is a "What If" last ditch defence then undercoat with possibly some daubed camo would fit.

If it is a continuing war (SOTR, Konflikt etc) then it should be something recognisable as German late War camouflage.

I had wondered about a "night fighting" version of a German camouflage scheme with one or more colours replaced by grey shades.

Ambush patterns can cause insanity in the painter...

Ballardian

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 10:48:04 pm »
Undoubtedly any 'paper panzers' will give the modeller a certain freedom when it comes to paintjob, but as I'm not planning to follow the current trend for the red primer look & the model is intended for gaming, (principally for Secrets Of The Third Reich, possibly for Mopidius's Achtung Cthulhu & WG's Konflict '47 & probably as a piece of scenery in games of WWII set Strange Aeons  or Pulp Alley) I'll go with something similar enough to an actual camo pattern to be familiar - probably something like this; 

I've picked up some Panzer Putty, so I hope to make a start at some point next week, so fingers crossed I'll have something other than me drivelling on to post shortly.
 (Incidentally, anyone who fancies elaborate MAN style disc schemes should take a look at Uschi van der Rosten's stencils, which make it considerably easier to achieve uschivdr.com)

Lenzman

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2016, 06:11:44 pm »
Also, I am building a Panther F using the Heer46 turret.
I modified the hull a "little bit" and ad some brass to the turret.

My neighbor is listening to techno. Wether he likes it or not.

Yaquir

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2016, 07:58:18 pm »
Good work!

Ballardian

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2016, 08:15:25 pm »
Looks good, look forward to see where you go with it.

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2016, 09:14:57 pm »
Nice.