Author Topic: A word about our Wish List  (Read 10602 times)

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
A word about our Wish List
« on: October 15, 2014, 08:27:36 pm »
A Word About Our Wish List

We appreciate your active participation in telling us what you want, and we actually do registered your requests on our ever-changing wish list.  However, for each project, we do have a basic production schedule based on various factors:

1) Research Material - We do need a lot of research material, reference data, photos and blueprints, etc for each project.  It is not possible to make every kit multi-variant or multi-option, but that's our goal.  This is also one of the reasons why we posted our WIP projects on this forum - to collect feedback and be able to make possible changes to the design in case of error or overlook.

2) Market Demand - Even though the cost of molds for plastic had came down a bit, they are still very expensive.  To make each kit cost effective is a major factor for us to produce that particular vehicle or not.  Sometime we can reduce the part counts and minimize the number of sprues to make a project viable, but not always possible!

3) Range Consideration - We want to see our range to cover all countries participating the world war, it is just a matter of time for us to reach that goal!  We are doing the more popular vehicles now because we need the revenue to support new projects.  As time goes by, less popular vehicles will have their chances on our work desks.

We are not just talking about tanks!  We also have plans to produce soft skins, artillery, and other military pieces.  We will announce them as we progress... why spoiled the fun of surprises?

;)

Hessian

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Re: A word about our Wish List
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 12:32:57 am »
I can`t wait to see some artillery pieces when produced, like the German Flak "88".
I know there exists a whole range of this gun from many producers but none of them is very detailed or sometimes correct. My grandma was a member of the "88" crew positioned at the Mercedes Company against allies bombers. So she told me a lot of this gun. ::)

Greetings

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
Re: A word about our Wish List
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 10:14:07 pm »
I wonder if we could have a sticky list of wished for items and their relevant thread or in some cases threads (Tiger II I am looking at you!).

Possibly just for the big name items (such as the Tiger II) for maintenance reasons.

It might also help others work in progress items such as Sherman types that are under development but are not obvious such as the Sherman II.

Thanks.