Author Topic: Willys MB Jeep - More Plastic Upgrades 200131  (Read 116249 times)

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
Re: Willys MB - The Jeep - Updated 160610
« Reply #105 on: June 11, 2016, 09:53:14 pm »
Excellent.

Ballardian

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2016, 11:49:24 pm »
Those look fantastic, really looking forward to them - also, as Ripley said, the crew sets, hope to see them on sale soon.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 12, 2016, 04:08:53 pm »
As requested, here is a better view of our US Jeep crews...

Enjoy!
;)

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 13, 2016, 12:12:11 am »
The poses are looking really good . But I'm not liking the actual figures  with the arm molded to the body . As a modeler who wants a varied collection of figures to crew his vehicles  , these body styles aren't that great for kit bashing . I hope you can reconfigure the masters to give these figures  2 arms . That way we can use each body style in many different vehicles , as a driver , radio man , gunner , loader , just by changing the arms and what they are holding . You might consider releasing the posted figures with the vehicle and release other more multi part figures as a stand alone crew set . That way the gamer gets a crew when he buys the vehicle and the modelers among us can get the more detailed figures to kit bash to our hearts content . I do need more figures as I have , between yours and BA's  :-[ : 4 halftracks , 11 T-34s , 3 Tigers , 5 Panzer IIIs , 8 Panzer IVs ,  and a half dozen of single vehicles types . Please help me crew my vehicles  ;D

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #109 on: June 13, 2016, 12:48:56 am »
Looking good.

I do agree with Ripley about separate arms being very useful. The front passenger could have a number of uses depending on the arms (navigator, gunner firing etc.).

The driver's arms are less good, but we have seen the right hand drive figures for the British (which you have said you will do in left hand drive) , and a similar left hand drive version would be good for  the US driver.

I would watch out for piping on the legs etc, am currently having to remove Cyberman type piping from the ex Wargames Factory Project Z figures (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00ny399/p00ny2gq).
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 12:54:51 am by ultravanillasmurf »

airborne

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 22, 2016, 03:35:19 am »
When Tamiya released there 1/35th jeep I was delighted , now I`m blown away, this quality in a war game scale, and that crew,  also, I truly have never seen such a realistic looking hood and side screens .They are a work of art that this old man is so looking to buy.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Willys MB - The Jeep - Updated 160716
« Reply #111 on: July 16, 2016, 04:51:04 pm »
Proposed sprue layout for our Willys MB jeep. Instead of doing two versions, we have
decided to put all variants into a SINGLE sprue - US / Airborne / SAS / LRDG!!

The driver and crew will be available on blisters of your choices...

Comment?
;)

Ballardian

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 16, 2016, 07:05:37 pm »
That's probably the way to go, as much as I'd like drivers/passengers included it's probably the best use of sprue space - as long as you release the figures at the same time I don't see a problem.
 Would the different crew figs be in different blisters - if you only wanted Brits & Commonwealth/GIs/Russians?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 09:50:31 pm by Ballardian »

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 16, 2016, 07:45:45 pm »
Would the different crew figs be in different blisters - if you only wanted Brits & Commonwealth/GIs/Russians?

Each blister pack will contain driver & crew for one nation / war theatre only.
Probably 3 to 4 figures per blister.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 16, 2016, 09:44:28 pm »
A separate crew blister is a great idea . If all versions of the crews come with separate arms and body styles like the  Americans shown , I can see myself picking up a few of each for use as tank riders and crew for other vehicle types with a little kit bashing  :) . Will the blister packs include personal weapons , packs  and kit for the crews ? And how about a couple of extra arms like your Yanks in the Deuce ?  With all the stuff you've got planned to release I'm going to need to find a part time job just to cover hobby expenses  ::)

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #115 on: July 16, 2016, 11:31:18 pm »

Each blister pack will contain driver & crew for one nation / war theatre only.
Probably 3 to 4 figures per blister.

Excellent.

Now which will be best for security guards?

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2016, 01:15:14 am »
Security guards ? Like modern day types ?  WGF has male civilian figures in their 28mm zombie range , also released  by Warlord for more $ and less figures in the box , Also have a modern set of plastic troops . Is that what your looking for ?

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #117 on: July 17, 2016, 05:03:01 am »
Security guards ? Like modern day types ?  WGF has male civilian figures in their 28mm zombie range , also released  by Warlord for more $ and less figures in the box , Also have a modern set of plastic troops . Is that what your looking for ?
This is for a vehicle security crew, Crooked Dice have the guards on foot.

airborne

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 28, 2016, 10:37:57 pm »
This vehicle is really looking amazing. You've not yet shown us a rear shot of the jeep that shows the new lights (as on the rear of the M8M20). Forgive me if it just not me seeing it but I haven't noticed a folded hoop set with or without a hood. Sometimes the hood was rolled and fastened to the back of the jeep behind the wheel and jerry can, other times it was taken off altogether and stowed in the bag kept under the rear seat containing side screens, doors and mickey mouse ears. Either way most U.S.A. had their hoops carried even if it was in the 'up' position and no hood fitted. They were very handy for hanging off bits of kit in the down position. Finally, I also haven't spotted any rear bumpers or tow hook.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Willys MB - The Jeep - Updated 160907
« Reply #119 on: September 07, 2016, 08:50:03 pm »
Not the best of photography, our photo booth is still somewhere
buried inside some carton boxes... our T1 plastic sprue for the
Jeep!

Don't ask us about how the Jeep will be packaged until QC is done!
What you've seen here will enable you to build - standard US / SAS /
LRDG / Airborne jeep... plus all the conversions & kitbashing you
wanted!

Enjoy!
;)