Rubicon Models > Showcase & Gallery

UVS models: Salute 2021 11/12/2020

(1/109) > >>

ultravanillasmurf:
Hi,

This is my first table ready Rubicon kit and my first post.

The vehicle id is based on the Abteitung 508 format, and I think the smoke dischargers are wrong for a late war Tiger.

Oh, and someone has started to clean the first outer wheel, not sure why.

A Crooked Dice William Killen for scale.

Now once I have the German stowage set I can finish the M4A3.

ultravanillasmurf:
Work In Progress Panzer III with help from the German Stowage set.

The brown box fouls the turret slightly, an HO scale item.

Two jerry cans are behind the rail and the large crate sits on the rear deck, both secured with microstrip straps. There is a bucket hanging off the back as well. There is spare track on the roof and between the machine gun and the driver's hatch. Brackets secure them in place (I added the bracket to the short piece after the photograph was taken).

I have added additional soft stowage from greenstuff and a covered crate (two of the HO boxes covered with greenstuff).  There is still more to add.

ultravanillasmurf:
Work In Progress M4A3.

This has been on hold for quite a while, mainly because I have no idea what to do with it. If I had done my research I would have used the 75mm turret with the 76mm gun as an M4A3E4 (with or without the Company B decals).

http://the.shadock.free.fr/sherman_minutia/m4a3e4/m4a3e4.html

Pinky:
I like how your DAK Panzer III is progressing.  I'd consider replacing the tracks, running gear and exhaust with the StuG III's, which are much more accurate.  You also need to 'lose' one of the row of 4 armoured louvres on the engine deck, as there should only be 3.   

Regarding your M4A3, consider doing some work on the turret to get it looking more like the real thing.  It's mostly a case of carving away the lower part of the bustle, and rounding everything off.  Nice idea to do an M4A3E4 - but do you want a Pakistani tank?

ultravanillasmurf:

Thanks.

Rats, I had not got as far as checking the Stug III. Not sure how easy it would be to remove the cover. The cover is slightly above the air filter, so it might be possible. Of course I undercoated it last night.

I thought the E4 would go nice with Artizan's Big Joe and Co figures (and the Company B decals). There is a temptation to build a "Furry" T34 from the T34 leftovers to go with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version