Author Topic: Digital Sculpts - German Officer in Heer Uniform 200730  (Read 264250 times)

Laffe

• Private
    • View Profile
    • The Figure Fanatic Blog
Re: Digital Sculpts - Updated 151102
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2015, 03:28:19 pm »
Looks good.

Tried to compare with height of the vehicle, but I don't know the height of these guys and the angle isn't the same.

rijklau

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2015, 06:59:24 pm »
Or this:

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2015, 07:04:43 pm »
Looks good.

Tried to compare with height of the vehicle, but I don't know the height of these guys and the angle isn't the same.

Mmm, it might be the angle, but the sculpt looks a bit large:

« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 07:06:30 pm by ultravanillasmurf »

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2015, 09:32:29 pm »
The height of the 251 ,without mg shield was 1.75 m / 69 inches ( 4 separate books ) .  And as the average height of people was shorter 70 odd years ago , the figure's helmets  should just about match the vehicle height . Of course , some people were taller  and some shorter , as well as a fully loaded vehicle will sit lower on it's suspension . And don't even get me started on heavy armored vehicles parked on muddy wet ground  ;D , IMO I think the figures look "right ". ( and I think the 212 picture is a Czech OT-810 , postwar 251 copy )
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 09:36:06 pm by ripley »

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2015, 04:24:13 pm »
Given that these figures are not naturally proportioned, but are proportioned along the usual 28m "heroic" lines, I think it's a bit irrelevant whether they measure up exactly to 1/56 scale vehicles (most 28mm figures are oversize, which is why many players prefer 1/48 scale vehicles).  I think it's more important that they look good next to the most commonly used 28mm figures, even if they're slightly different looking. 

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Digital Sculpts - Updated 160108
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2016, 02:57:20 pm »
An excellent first week for 2016!

Sculpt report and 3D prototypes for the SdKfz 250/251 crew are finally done... and got approved too.
Soon we can queue them up for mould making!

Another new sculpt in the process!
[/URL]

;)

Yaquir

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2016, 03:52:50 pm »
Looks good.  :)

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2016, 05:08:01 pm »
Nice.

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2016, 12:21:30 pm »
So there will be a common figure sprue for both half-track types? 

I didn't like the design for the SAS soldier when I first saw it on your Facebook site - I thought it looked a bit too much like a dwarf (those long British shorts don't help).  But it's grown on me; I now think the proportions, while not 'realistic' are right for this style of figure.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2016, 12:54:13 pm »
So there will be a common figure sprue for both half-track types? 

Yes, we are working on it right now!

I didn't like the design for the SAS soldier when I first saw it on your Facebook site - I thought it looked a bit too much like a dwarf (those long British shorts don't help).  But it's grown on me; I now think the proportions, while not 'realistic' are right for this style of figure.

We are using the same template we used for other figures.  Nothing had changed.  Rendered images usually will look a bit off... we usually will 3D print one out for preview before actual production begins.  Much like what we had done as shown above!

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2016, 09:01:11 pm »

We are using the same template we used for other figures.  Nothing had changed.  Rendered images usually will look a bit off... we usually will 3D print one out for preview before actual production begins.  Much like what we had done as shown above!

I had similar issues with another manufacturers' preview, Crooked Dice's Flamboyant Agent 2 from Season 7 Release 1. When compared with a print of the Tin Pot Dictator (who will be using a number of Rubicon vehicles) the apparent difference in proportions does appear to be an optical effect due to the colour and shading.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Digital Sculpts - Updated 160111
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2016, 01:58:52 pm »
Had moved this topic from "General Discussion" to "Work in Progress" because nature of the post had changed.

3D prototype based on our earlier illustration:

Additional 3D prototypes:

Will get them painted for review, more later!
Enjoy!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 02:00:28 pm by Rubicon Models »

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2016, 02:24:30 pm »
Lovely stuff.  Still can't quite believe how quickly you've mastered the art of figure design in this scale...

I can't make out the uniform details that well - presumably they are intended to be for 1943-44 (but also usable as Afrika Korps)?

A couple of (minor) points:

1. Will there be some optional heads?  Perhaps one wearing headphones?   

2. Could you consider having the vehicle commander's right arm separate as well?  He's a great looking figure, but while the 'hand on hip' pose tends to look good standing outside a vehicle, it's less convincing when the figure is inside.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2016, 02:32:16 pm »
Lovely stuff.  Still can't quite believe how quickly you've mastered the art of figure design in this scale...

We have put in a lot of resources to it in terms of $$$...  ;)

I can't make out the uniform details that well - presumably they are intended to be for 1943-44 (but also usable as Afrika Korps)?

We'd tried to make them as generic as possible, and by painting using different colours, you can make them "look" and "feel" like that period or region you wanted to model.

1. Will there be some optional heads?  Perhaps one wearing headphones?   

Yes, we have some with headphones, not shown here.

2. Could you consider having the vehicle commander's right arm separate as well?  He's a great looking figure, but while the 'hand on hip' pose tends to look good standing outside a vehicle, it's less convincing when the figure is inside.

Will depend on sprue space.  Some of the 250/251 expansion kits are already quite packed.  If there are space, we usually will throw in some goodies as usual!

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2016, 05:24:30 pm »
Excellent.

Do the figures with both arms separate have common shoulder widths? I wondered if the map reading arms and the binocular arms fit on either figure, and any other similarly posed figure you create.

I know some poses,anything with raised arms for instance, require specific shoulder positions.