Author Topic: What about french tanks?  (Read 5594 times)

Yaquir

• Private
    • View Profile
What about french tanks?
« on: April 08, 2015, 09:03:47 pm »
Are there plans for french tanks, for example Somua S-35?

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: What about french tanks?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 09:08:55 pm »
Are there plans for french tanks, for example Somua S-35?

That depends on demand, we do have one French tank on our P-List at the moment.  From the current queue, should be sometime next year!
;)

CFRNelson

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 12:24:36 am »
Yes it  would  be  nice  to  see  the  French  tanks.   French  tanks  were  used  by  Romania and  the  Italians  also used  the  captured   French tanks  to  equip  units  for  the defense  of Italy.

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 12:54:22 am »
I'd like to see a plastic Somua.  But if Rubicon are heading in the direction of the less common subject, I'd prefer an Italian tank first.  Even though the rivets are likely to drive Rubicon's designers crazy...

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 02:08:48 am »
An FT tank would be nice, as it turned up in WW2 and was used by almost everyone.

worrywort

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 02:09:53 pm »
I would like to see some french tanks which are not available in other manufacturers.

Like FCM36, D2, H35 etc.

stevepalffy

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2016, 02:48:05 pm »
Ft 17 would be awesome as well as Char B1 bis

oreoc23

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 10:41:54 am »
IF & WHEN you do the French equipment... Please consider adding the German Mods for the German Occupation of France.

The Germans pressed almost everything the French had into service... Even the FT 17! Whether as part of the Early Invasion of Russia, or as Anti-Partisan in the Balkans , Police Duties in the Occupied Countries, or for Training Reconstituted units it France...  The Germans pressed everything available into Service.  Many times going to combat with their "training vehicles" because that was all that was available. The Germans even used the old turrets for field fortifications such as the Atlantic Wall. 

Most Mods were as simple as redoing the Cupola with a split hatch, others were modified into Self-propelled guns or AT guns.  Hell, you know the Germans were desperate for Armor of any kind when they employed the Italian M13/40 & M14/41's into service!

Anyway, just a thought... It means looking at Post France 1940 usage and possibly adding German Markings to the French Decal sheets. It means "crazies like me" don't have to do any crazy modifications!

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2016, 05:09:51 pm »
Oreoc23 makes a good point, German modified vehicles would increase the potential market - a number are listed in the BA Armies of Germany lists.

With the exception of the previously mentioned FT, none really appeal to me.

Of course if someone produced plastic infantry for the early war period then there might be more interest (plus the forthcoming Dunkirk film by Chris Nolan might spark interest in the period).