Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Showcase & Gallery / Re: Various WIP
« Last post by ripley on June 19, 2022, 10:49:51 am »
 Although I finished my 2nd JPanther upper hull and tank riders a while ago  , I'm finally getting around to posting pictures of them .

Work In Progress / Re: Project of the Month - Dec 2021 - M3 Lee & Grant
« Last post by Tracks on May 28, 2022, 10:35:16 am »
If and when this kit is released, I suspect most tabletop miniature gamers will get the kit to use as a standard M3 Lee or Grant. I know I will. For sure, those that have British Army miniatures will want these the most for their North African collections, but as mentioned before, the M3 medium was used all over the world by several countries. The main countries being the Americans, British, and Soviets.

There are so many uses for this kit. This kit would be a nice one to get for a conversion to a recovery vehicle (if you needed one), but a few were also used as prime movers, which would be a very easy conversion.

Showcase & Gallery / Re: Various WIP
« Last post by ripley on May 17, 2022, 06:19:31 am »
I decided I wanted to have tank riders on a Panther or Tiger  , but really don't want to glue them on so the tank can be used without them in a game . Going through my parts bin I realized I still have the second upper hull from my JPanther kit . Since I never glued the upper and lower hull of my JP together , I could swap them out , one having tank riders and one as a knocked out vehicle . The question then arises , do I have enough bits in my parts box to replicate the parts missing as you only get enough to complete one version of the JP ( unlike the SU 122 / 85 kit ,both upper hulls can be built) . Anyway I managed to kit bash a few pieces from evergreen styrene , decided to add the holders for the missing jack block and wire cutters as I had non . Here's my KO d version

This side has added side skirt rails and jack block holder

This view shows wire cutter holder . hatch cover for commander's periscopes , shell ejection port , and cleaning rod tube

On another matter , does anybody know of any store that has Army Painter Battlefields Poison Ivy in stock ? I like to use it as tree branch type camo on my tanks and local hobby shops have been out for over a year . Thks
Work In Progress / Re: Project of the Month - Dec 2021 - M3 Lee & Grant
« Last post by SheriffSherman on May 17, 2022, 05:55:13 am »
This is very exciting, I can’t wait to get a few of these…
General Discussions / Re: Panzer stowage location?
« Last post by Eclaireur on May 13, 2022, 04:07:42 pm »
Tracks
thank you very much for that pointer to the Pz IV D/E instructions - I had missed that when building the kit. Good pointer also on the wartime photos, though I have a better idea about how the general principles of you stow a tank having been a cold war crewman myself  :)
EC
General Discussions / Re: Panzer stowage location?
« Last post by Tracks on May 12, 2022, 09:23:08 pm »
Have a look at step "6" of the Panzer IV D/E instructions.
Except for part C09. there can be other locations for the parts to fit.

Oh, and some of that stuff fron the D/E kit should fit onto the F/F2/G/H kit, but depends if you use the schurzen.

Pretty much, you can put it where it can fit and makes sense. There was no rule to storage. Just be reasonable with it and it should look and work fine.

[edit]
I forgot to mention. Sometimes it is a good idea to take a look at combat photos (from books) and combat footage (from documentaries) to see how crews actually put stuff on their tank.
General Discussions / Panzer stowage location?
« Last post by Eclaireur on May 12, 2022, 07:00:29 pm »
Has anyone found instructions for where the stowage included on the sprues of later Pz III and IV kits should go? The tarp/tent rolls in particular have indentations on the back that seem to suggest a particular location is intended but I'm still looking!
EC
Work In Progress / Re: Production Schedule - ALL Project Updates 210507
« Last post by H0ffmn on May 04, 2022, 09:23:05 pm »
Thank you for your response.  I look forward to your update.
        Thanks
« Last post by Rubicon Models on May 04, 2022, 04:14:13 pm »
The current world crisis over the last 2 years had really affected our daily workflow.  This is particularly true with our forum and website updates.  We can only focus on FB at this point, but expect a major update on the forum soon!

;)
« Last post by ripley on May 04, 2022, 07:30:01 am »
Im not on FB either but do check a few Game / Model companies pages as they tend to post their new releases there 1st . Pity because this site seems to be slowly fading away . Mind you , lots of hobby / game sites are way down on posts and live stream viewers , covid really messed everything up
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10