Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Showcase & Gallery / Re: Heisler's WIPs
« Last post by Rubicon Models on September 14, 2022, 02:32:17 pm »
Job well done, excellent!
« Last post by Heisler on September 13, 2022, 03:06:19 am »
The STuG brought home gold and the Stuh took a bronze (to be honest I put it in a conversion category and really shouldn’t have the conversions were minor and not particularly difficult to do).

Wish Lists / Re: Products hopefully still in the pipeline
« Last post by ripley on September 09, 2022, 02:59:27 am »
I'm waiting on the Staghound , M3 Lee / Grant and 6 pounder . They seem to be more active on their FB page which shows a lot of the Viet Nam stuff , Patton , M 113 , and Huey . But they  also show the WW2 4omm Bofors Gun , so our era of stuff is still coming
Wish Lists / Products hopefully still in the pipeline
« Last post by viclineal on September 08, 2022, 03:13:29 pm »
I'm not sure if Rubicon pays attention to this forum anymore, but I decided to keep track of the products they've announced at some point that I'm waiting for, money in hand, ready to order a few of each as soon as they're released:

Soviet BT-7
German Panzer I
German SdKfz 234 series
US medium tank M3
French Renault FT

I might also buy one Breda autocannon to check it out. Although I'm not keen on earlier crew sculpts, some of the more recent kits have improved in that department.

Some of the early war vehicles I am still hoping for:

Redesigned Soviet T-34 kit that was planned but dropped
Soviet BT-2 and BT-5
German SdKfz 231 series
German Panzer 35(t)
Italian L6/40 and its derivative, Semovente da 47/32
General Discussions / Re: A Gentleman's War
« Last post by ripley on September 05, 2022, 10:35:40 pm »
Its like a GW starter box with 2 factions already available ( Afrika Korp / 7th Army ) , a rule book , dice , tokens and a couple of new kits only available in this box ( to be released singlely at a later date ) . Priced a lot better than the latest GW toys  ;D . Not interested in the box as my interests are Eastern Front and Canadians in Normandy , but I will get the Humber when its released . Im still waiting on the Staghound , been coming for about a year . hopefully Rubicon can get it out before Italeri has one .
General Discussions / A Gentleman's War
« Last post by Tracks on September 05, 2022, 09:36:00 am »
The new BA starter set called "A Gentleman's War" is going to have two plastic armored cars. One will be the SdKfz 222 and the other a Humber II/IV. When I heard these were going to be plastic, my first thought was, "Fantastic, they made a smart deal with Rubicon models." But now after I read this article in the latest Wargames Illustrated, it mentions that the armored cars will be from Italeri? News to me, and I can't imagine a better SdKfz 222 model kit better than what Rubicon Models already has.

Has anyone picked up A Gentleman's War yet? What do you think?
Work In Progress / Re: Project of the Month - Dec 2021 - M3 Lee & Grant
« Last post by Tracks on September 05, 2022, 09:18:41 am »
Is this still on the production table?
« Last post by ripley on August 31, 2022, 07:32:24 am »
They look great
« Last post by Heisler on August 31, 2022, 02:29:34 am »
I finally finished 1 STuG and the Stuh. Hopefully the other two STuGs will follow shortly.

General Discussions / Re: Tank Museum Tour UK / Europe
« Last post by Tracks on August 26, 2022, 09:26:42 am »
Not in Europe, but also, don't over look some of the good tank museums in the US like the National Museum of Military Vehicles in Dubois, WY and the American Heritage Museum in Hudson, MA, to name just two of several good museums worth visiting.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10