Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
General Discussions / Re: Converting a Sdkfz 234/1
« Last post by ultravanillasmurf on Today at 04:50:47 PM »
Now what to do with extra Puma turret kits ?
Build paper (leicht) Panzers with them.
http://forum.rubiconmodels.com/index.php?topic=243.msg8340#msg8340
« Last post by ultravanillasmurf on Today at 04:46:09 PM »
Yes, the tyres were a serious letdown.

I filled them with Milliput and put the best four at the ends.

I also lost a steering link, but that was just incompetence on my part.
Wish Lists / Re: Two fantastic kit ideas for Rubicon Models -
« Last post by Tracks on Today at 04:23:46 PM »
i could use a couple of 6pdr kits

Speaking of British guns and vehicles, there doesn't seem to be a lot in plastic kit form. One British tank I'm surprised that is not made in 1/56 (28mm) scale plastic is the Matilda II (III & IV). Yes, I know the Matilda II is available in resin, but the Warlord Games resin Matilda II is crap. The one you can get from Blitzkrieg Miniatures is much better, but it is still resin.
Not much update since late November last year...

With the Panzer IV Digital Library basically completed, we are now readying the files for mould making. At the same time, we are already making expansion sets... A Wirbelwind turret that will replace the original Panzer IV one on a late production model...

Enjoy!
;)
« Last post by ripley on Today at 11:36:38 AM »
Yea it was a PIA to get all that under carriage stuff to fit right . I added discs to the wheel backs to fix that problem , all thought they should have been full wheels to start with . I'm going to give it a go eventually , Ive got the add on kit on order , 1 to be used on a 250 neu . Going to built a 234/1 as well as I have the 20mm turrets coming too . Just waiting for a sale on plastic 234/2s  ::) . Now what to do with extra Puma turret kits ?
« Last post by Pinky on Today at 10:42:58 AM »
Who's going take the next step and use the 250/8 , 251/9 add on kit to make a 234/3 ?

Not me.  I like this and other 234 variants a lot, but I don't like the Italeri Puma kit.  The axles are a pain, and the wheels are hollow.  I'd rather wait for Rubicon to tackle the 8-wheeler series.
« Last post by ripley on Today at 09:19:40 AM »
Who's going take the next step and use the 250/8 , 251/9 add on kit to make a 234/3 ?

« Last post by Swamprat33 on Today at 08:26:39 AM »
i have also done this conversion.
It looks great.
Tim
Wish Lists / Re: Two fantastic kit ideas for Rubicon Models -
« Last post by somtec on Today at 05:05:51 AM »
i could use a couple of 6pdr kits
Wish Lists / Two fantastic kit ideas for Rubicon Models -
« Last post by Tracks on Today at 01:01:32 AM »
It looks like Rubicon Models has some new plastic kits coming out this year, but I was just thinking... which is always scary.

I would like to pitch an idea to Rubicon Models for two new plastic kits that I think would be fantastic for them.

Kit 1) SdKfz 10 Halftrack:
There is a lot of interest for the Sdkfz 10 in a plastic kit. I know I would prefer a plastic kit from Rubicon Models than one of those blocks of resin things. More importantly, with a basic plastic kit of the SdKfz 10, the gamer/modeler has more options to make variants and field modifications of this common transport vehicle.

Kit 2) American 57mm AT-Gun M1 / British QF 6-Pdr AT-Gun:
There is great potential here because the same parts sprue for the AT-Gun can be setup with the needed bits and parts to build either the American 57mm AT-Gun M1 and British QF 6-Pdr AT-Gun. They were pretty much the same except for a few little differences. Parts can even be included to make the US Airborne version of the 57mm AT-Gun M1. As for crew, well, separate American and British crews can be made on different sprues to make the different kits if needed. Similar to what Rubicon Models did with the Jeep. The Willys MB ¼ ton 4x4 Truck (Commonwealth) and the Willys MB ¼ ton 4x4 Truck (US Standard) plastic kits have the exact same sprues for the jeep, but different sprues for the riders.

I believe the two plastic kit ideas above would be a fantastic project for Rubicon Models.

That being said, my current wish is as follows:
+ SdKfz 10 Halftrack
+ Panzer 38(t)
+ Panzer II
+ M3 Medium Tank (with Lee or Grant options?)
+ US 57mm AT-Gun M1
+ US 37mm AT-Gun M3
+ German 50mm Pak 38 (coming soon)
+ German 75mm Pak 40 (coming soon)
+ Soviet 76mm ZiS-3 AT-Gun
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10