Author Topic: Happy New Year  (Read 3327 times)

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
Happy New Year
« on: January 27, 2017, 04:34:04 pm »
Looking forward to what you create this year.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Happy New Year
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 04:35:20 pm »

;)

Captain Blood

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 08:57:17 pm »
I must admit, as a new convert to Rubicon, I am curious to know a little more about Rubicon Models.

Do these New Year wishes mean that Rubicon is a Chinese company? Or that you manufacture in China?

Somebody told me that Rubicon was run by Europeans (Germans?) but the design studio is in Hong Kong? Is that true? Just interested to know a bit more about the company's set-up...  :)

Apologies if this has been explained elsewhere - I did look, but couldn't find anything about it...

Perhaps it's a secret  8) ;)

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 11:04:34 pm »
I must admit, as a new convert to Rubicon, I am curious to know a little more about Rubicon Models.
Do these New Year wishes mean that Rubicon is a Chinese company? Or that you manufacture in China?
Somebody told me that Rubicon was run by Europeans (Germans?) but the design studio is in Hong Kong? Is that true? Just interested to know a bit more about the company's set-up...  :)
Apologies if this has been explained elsewhere - I did look, but couldn't find anything about it...
Perhaps it's a secret  8) ;)

Rubicon Models is a small digital design studio setup about 2 years ago with first releases in late Oct 2014; before that, we are a design studio using traditional tools under a different name.

The founders are a handful of Chinese guys from Hong Kong who are veteran modellers as well as tabletop gamers who are not so happy with the product quality of gaming pieces at the time.  These 3rd party products are overpriced, really bad quality control, with no decals or assembly instructions.  Hence Rubicon Models was setup to show the world what value-priced gaming kits should be like!  Since then, we have to say, other manufacturers had followed suit to produce better products because of our involvement in the industry.

We have less than 10 staff (started from 4) and use digital equipment exclusively to design our products in Hong Kong, then manufactured in China.  We hold no secrets!  ;)

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 12:22:25 am »
Rubicon's founder has a long history of supporting wargaming here in HK :)

Captain Blood

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 02:48:55 am »
Great. Thank you for the information. Good to know  :)