Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
General Discussions / Re: BTR-60PA and BTR-60PB
« Last post by Tracks on January 28, 2023, 11:28:54 am »
The problem with rubber tires is that, well, they are rubber and so you have to deal with rubber rot and cracking over time.
Click on the picture below to see an example:

I have some old models with rubber tires/tracks and some old models with plastic tires/tracks. Most of the ones with the rubber tires/tracks show rubber rot and cracking like what you see in the picture above. Those with plastic tires/tracks look just fine.

The rubber tires/tracks also deteriorate over time in an unopened model kit. Even if stored correctly, rubber just deteriorates. I have an old model kit with rubber tires, but after opening the kit, I discovered the rubber has deteriorated to the point were the parts can't be used.

In the short run, does this make a difference? No. It does take a few years for the rubber to begin to show signs of it deteriorating.
General Discussions / Re: BTR-60PA and BTR-60PB
« Last post by Rubicon Models on January 18, 2023, 12:44:52 pm »
The "Cold War" (or Nam) stuff is basically a new range where we can "explore" new ideas in our design and production.  While we are happy with our rubber tyre, it requires much more attention during manufacturing.  The tyres are made from synthetic material but have inherited disadvantages with durability.  If not appropriately kept, it might turn brittle, particularly in low temperatures.  We are already using higher-grade material and had tested it under different conditions but there is no guarantee.

;)
General Discussions / BTR-60PA and BTR-60PB
« Last post by Stuart on January 18, 2023, 10:28:13 am »
I received mine today, and it is a splendid kit, a great companion to the T-54 I purchased a couple of weeks ago. I have long been impressed with Rubicon kits, having built about 25 or so, but that is not why I am posting. I believe I am starting to have a budding love affair with rubber tires. They are great, and add so much realism to the model. My only hope is that all the forthcoming wheeled vehicles have these rubber tires. If I could have any wish, it would be that Rubicon goes back and produces the appropriate parts and tires to allow converting older models to this new standard.
General Discussions / Re: Regarding a couple topics
« Last post by ripley on January 14, 2023, 10:48:33 pm »
I would like to second birbia's inquiry  as to when the 50 cal will be available again . As well I can't seem to find those seated British riding in the rear of the Bedford in either web stores . An update on them , the Staghound , Lee / Grant and your other WIPs would be appreciated . Thank you
 Your Russian truck riders shown on FB look great ,
General Discussions / Regarding a couple topics
« Last post by birbia on January 13, 2023, 09:23:26 pm »
So I can't find much information on these so I thought I'd put them here, apologies if this is the wrong area.

1. When is it likely the US M2Browning .50 Cal (https://rubiconmodels.co.uk/collections/infantry-usa/products/2840?variant=10764732727340) to come back into stock?

2. Is there anywhere with updates on what happened with the M3 GMC truck and/or the M24 Chaffee projects that were discussed a couple years ago?

General Discussions / Re: Bedford Truck Decals
« Last post by ripley on January 13, 2023, 07:47:27 am »
. Its got the Canadian decals I need , thank you
General Discussions / Re: Bedford Truck Decals
« Last post by Rubicon Models on January 13, 2023, 01:38:14 am »
Hope this help...

;)
General Discussions / Bedford Truck Decals
« Last post by ripley on January 12, 2023, 06:30:16 am »
Anybody have either of the Bedford truck decal sets  ? If so, could you post a picture of them , I want a couple of trucks for my troops but want to be sure it comes with the decals I need .  Its difficult to find aftermarket decals in 1/56 unlike the larger scales
Work In Progress / Re: Project of the Month - Dec 2021 - M3 Lee & Grant
« Last post by Wabbit on January 09, 2023, 11:40:32 pm »
Hi Any update on the m3 lee/Grant? Its been a very long time now almost 2 years? I really want a couple for my Burma and North Africa Bolt action forces. They look great. Fingers crossed its coming soon?
General Discussions / Re: M102 105mm Light Howitzer instructions...
« Last post by Stuart on December 30, 2022, 11:54:36 am »
Have not seen the model either, but I am curious if the model includes the stakes to secure the baseplate to the ground while in the firing position. The M102 was always "nailed down" while firing.

Also, I am wondering if the kit includes such things as ammo boxes, aiming stakes and an aiming circle for use in making a diorama.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10