Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Showcase & Gallery / Re: Jgd Pz SU 85(r) WIP
« Last post by ripley on Today at 09:31:13 PM »
Might work better as a small detail set sort of like Rubicon 's decal sets . If you look at WW2 Russian tank walkarounds you'll notice cast marks / numbers on T-34 driver hatches and the cast bump out for the bow machine gun , as well on the lower rear casting for sprockets . Some cast KV 1 turrets have it , and its also on the cast mantle of SU 85 / 100s as well as the JSU series . And its hit and miss , depending which factory made them , hence the 3 JS turret pictures above . Would most modellers even bother in this scale , not to mention the game guys ? I know I'm going to on the next JS I build , but of the half dozen guys I know locally who build and play , I seem to be the only one whose thinking out of the box on every kit he builds  ::) .
Interesting, how do you intend to attach them to the plastic?

After evaluation and several test fittings, we tend to decide on a standalone piece being a better solution.  We will try to use a thicker metal piece - either brass or stainless steel.

If fitted on a plastic frame, fitting and assembly would be quite complicated for an average gamer; and a waste of sprue space too!
Nickel Silver is popular for etched chassis construction for model railway modellers.
« Last post by ultravanillasmurf on Today at 09:11:13 PM »
I textured my Sherman turrets using liquid poly (and also to fill some of the gaps) using the supplied brush.

The T34 (may I one day finish it) had the turret covered with a Milliput slurry.

I did add hand rails on the T34 turret, but could have used thinner wire.

I wonder if the cast numbers are something for the Soviet stowage set?
« Last post by ripley on Today at 08:08:57 PM »
Thks guys . The casting numbers are raised , I tried shaving some off the tabs on the  sprues but they are too thin . Academy gives you a whole series of letters and numbers for just this purpose in their 1/35 US tank kits , I know I've got some somewhere ,oh well  ::) . Also you can get them in resin as decals , might have to find some for my next JS 2 . Yes wire works well for the grab bars and  ladder rungs (I use paper clips myself ) , I have built some larger scale kits with that . As these are gaming pieces ,( at least  one day I might play ,) or I build them and then give them to friends  who play BA  , so I think its better to make them a little more sturdy , nothing like spending half your gaming time looking for and fixing tiny broken parts  ;D . Instead of adding liquid glue , which works well, I've been using liquid green stuff . Sometimes the glue melts  tiny detail parts  :o

Work In Progress / Re: The Panzer IV Digital Library - Eye Candy - 170623
« Last post by ripley on Today at 07:53:12 PM »
Looks good , and you included the mesh that goes flat  over the fenders , well done . Most companies forget about those  :)

After evaluation and several test fittings, we tend to decide on a standalone piece being a better solution.  We will try to use a thicker metal piece - either brass or stainless steel.

If fitted on a plastic frame, fitting and assembly would be quite complicated for an average gamer; and a waste of sprue space too!
« Last post by Lenzman on Today at 05:52:02 PM »
Mahlzeit

Nice conversion you did. The knocked out KV is great.
I´ve got some ideas to improve them. You should replace the suggested handlebars by the use of some wire.
Also there is an easy way to add some structure to. You apply some plastic cement on the area and treat it with a toothbrush.

Greetings
Marco
Not update anything since late March... Some eye candy for you!

Enjoy!
;)
« Last post by ultravanillasmurf on Today at 02:42:35 PM »
Useful information, I bought the KV kit at Salute (they had sold out of the IS2).

I will look out for the pistol ports (now you have mentioned it, they are obvious on the photographs and plates in the New Vanguard book.

Are the cast numbers raised or inset?

Some of their decisions do seem a bit odd, plus unlike our Gracious Host's they do not seem to want (potential) customer feedback during the design process.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10