Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussions / Re: Salute 2017 - ExCeL London - April 22
« Last post by ripley on Today at 12:31:38 AM »
All their Sealowe stuff seems to be resin or metal
« Last post by ultravanillasmurf on April 27, 2017, 09:48:53 PM »
When I was chatting about forthcoming plastics with the guy at the desk he did not mention anything else due soon.
« Last post by Pinky on April 27, 2017, 05:38:40 PM »
I see that Warlord's plastic Tiger 2 made an appearance at Salute (photo from Beasts of War site).  They also had plastic British paratroops and (in prototype form) Waffen SS.  No sign of any other plastic vehicles.

Showcase & Gallery / Re: UVS models
« Last post by Pinky on April 27, 2017, 10:12:14 AM »
Pinky - is it Khaki Green No.3 you're after? It's generally a bit of of bugger to find a single paint analogue for it, but if you're happy with Vallejo Mike Starmer produced the recipe for a mix that's regarded as being pretty good (see swatch below - the small patch of Brown Violet is there to show it's innaccuracy - Battlefront recommend BV & it's not even close). Hope it's helpful...

Thanks very much - that's very helpful.  I was hoping to avoid mixing paint.  I did that to get the right shade of so-called Panzer grey, but I couldn't get it consistent so I painted over it with a Vallejo grey.  I might use the Brown Violet on the basis that it will have a whitewash camo over it.
« Last post by Ballardian on April 27, 2017, 01:58:29 AM »
The Starmer mix is browner than VMC Russian Uniform, but it is representing No.3 which was phased out (on tanks at any rate) by '41 (the MAFVA site is useful -
Code: [Select]
http://www.mafva.net/other%20pages/starmer%20camo.htm but tends to reference enamel paints like Humbrol/Revell). The PSC tank spray (which I also like) lies somewhere between Bronze Green (but closer to) British OD (excitingly called SCC15) - again, I dont think there's a pot of this out there, it's another mix it yourself - 50:50 VMC Olive Grey & Russian Uniform.
« Last post by ultravanillasmurf on April 27, 2017, 01:30:56 AM »
How does that compare to Vallejo Russian Uniform Green? have a look at the Cromwell cowl to see how it compares to PSC British Tank spray.
« Last post by Ballardian on April 26, 2017, 11:30:32 PM »
Pinky - is it Khaki Green No.3 you're after? It's generally a bit of of bugger to find a single paint analogue for it, but if you're happy with Vallejo Mike Starmer produced the recipe for a mix that's regarded as being pretty good (see swatch below - the small patch of Brown Violet is there to show it's innaccuracy - Battlefront recommend BV & it's not even close). Hope it's helpful...

« Last post by Pinky on April 26, 2017, 11:49:17 AM »
I like this colour.  I am planning to try it out soon.  Do you know what colour would be best to use for the earlier, khaki colour applied to British tanks?  I need to paint a Lend-Lease Churchill.
« Last post by ultravanillasmurf on April 24, 2017, 02:59:28 PM »
Very quiet on the World War Two modelling front. I have added a couple of crates to my Katyusha but I forgot to get any Russian tank paint at Salute.

I include this here as it has a Rubicon bucket and flimsy can as part of the stowage.

Still deciding on the markings (it is intended to be a tank brought out of storage and pressed into British service after the fall of France).

I do need to paint the inside of the bucket, as we!L as final tidying and weathering.
« Last post by Rubicon Models on April 23, 2017, 05:33:36 PM »
Thank guys for popping over and say hello!  Is very good to have a face to your name at the forum!

@UVS, missed you... :(
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10