Author Topic: Q1/2018???  (Read 21969 times)

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: Q1/2018???
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2018, 03:24:52 pm »
They had their own stand to display stuff. They invited WarHQ to join them to sell the kits on their stand.

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2018, 04:35:59 pm »
They had their own stand to display stuff. They invited WarHQ to join them to sell the kits on their stand.
Rubicon Models will be at Salute (Apr 22) at ExCeL London.

WarHQ is kind enough to share part of their booth (TL11) with us.
We will be showcasing the latest prototypes and our most recent
releases. Come and say hello!

I do not think they were listed (somewhere I have the show guide, but it is not that important), hopefully this time I will look for them on the correct stand^__^. For some reason I thought they were on the PSC stand.

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2018, 04:25:30 pm »
Maybe it was a WarHQ stand and they joined them then :p
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

WeRT

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2018, 05:42:51 pm »
We can't tell you right now... not because it is a secret, but the Chinese New Year holiday always give us surprises!  We might be able to give you some more info after the holidays, which is the last week of February.  :-\

They didn't say in which year  ::)

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2018, 05:48:33 pm »
We are not going to release any vehicles this Q1/18, but focus solely on figures - pewter and plastic miniatures!

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2018, 07:23:17 pm »
We are not going to release any vehicles this Q1/18, but focus solely on figures - pewter and plastic miniatures!
That will give me a chance to catch up on the previous releases...

WeRT

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2018, 09:47:56 pm »

Okey.
Will you keep update Production Schedule by moving from items from Mould Making onto Quality Control?
http://forum.rubiconmodels.com/index.php?topic=211.0

Jimmy_P

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2018, 08:16:35 am »

What's happened to the 222!?  :'( :'( :'(

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2018, 05:03:50 pm »

It looks like it is still in quality control http://forum.rubiconmodels.com/index.php?topic=211.0

The first quarter is always a bit of a nightmare with Chinese New Year looming large (it is very important and occupies quite a period of time - not just the day itself).
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 05:08:18 pm by ultravanillasmurf »

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2018, 06:40:33 pm »
Just updated our Release Schedule with the latest info...  No plastic vehicles, but THREE new product ranges!
Not all things to everyone's liking, but this is a new step forward to expand our product lines!

Link is here: http://forum.rubiconmodels.com/index.php?topic=211.msg1858#msg1858

Enjoy!
;)

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2018, 08:15:01 pm »

It looks like it is still in quality control http://forum.rubiconmodels.com/index.php?topic=211.0

The first quarter is always a bit of a nightmare with Chinese New Year looming large (it is very important and occupies quite a period of time - not just the day itself).

It sometimes seems that 3 waves a year would be better than 4 because of the new year.

That said, with the web stores being set up and different ranges, maybe we’ll be getting new stuff more often than quarterly anyway

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2018, 08:29:15 pm »
I guess there's going to be mixed feedback about this diversification.  I don't really care for the larger metal figures, or the resin vehicles, but I think the latter will be popular with a lot of people.  I think the concern is that this diversification may dilute the output of what most people regard as Rubicon's core product, which is plastic vehicles. Skipping a quarter tends to reinforce that concern for some of us.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2018, 08:58:19 pm »
I have to agree with Pinky ,  your going to turn off some people . I notice on your schedule some of the figure kits I was excited about and was hoping to get a few sets of , are coming out in pewter . Where as a plastic figure of  a guy tying his boot for example  can be easily changed  , pewter , not so much . Oh well , just have to get one set and hopefully wait for other seated plastics by you or someone else .  I can see releases personalities in resin / pewter ( Patton / Rommel ) but I would have thought  the regular rank and file troops , which we usually want various sets  of , would be best in plastic . I hope it all works out for you guys

Jimmy_P

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2018, 09:15:55 pm »

Shame there are no plastic vehicles but it is an impressive array of stuff! I can understand the drive to diversify what Rubicon offer.

Hopefully the metal infantry releases will be followed up with more plastic. Don't know if I missed discussion on this in the WIP threads, but it surprises me that Zhukov/Rommel/etc are going to be plastic and yet something like the Soviet tank riders are metal...? (I can understand some of the other vehicle crews etc being metal but for wargaming purposes metal tank riders are not good - IMO)

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2018, 09:55:27 pm »
It’s probably a decision that was made whether to add the kits to the plastic queue (and wait longer for it) or release them in pewter/resin and increase their portfolio.

Resin, pewter or plastic. It doesn’t bother me, as long as the quality is good.