Author Topic: a medical version of the M577  (Read 1645 times)

emmanuel

• Private
    • View Profile
a medical version of the M577
« on: February 28, 2021, 03:16:31 am »
RM is supposed to launch a M577 which is mainly an Headquarter version of M113 :

Although the M577 was developed as a command post vehicle it was also used for other roles. Due to its large internal volume it was used as an armored ambulance, medical treatment vehicle, fire direction center and for other roles.

In U.S. service it appears that M577s were only used as emergency evacuation vehicles very early in their operation careers i.e. in the early years of the Vietnam War, and this role was soon provided solely by M113 "armoured ambulances", and the M577 was then only used as emergency treatment vehicles (e.g. battalion aid stations). However, when configured as an ambulance, compared to a M113 which could be fitted with up to four litters, the extra room inside the M577 allowed it to carry two additional litters i.e. up to a maximum of six.

As RM has shown us stretchers/litters options for his HUEY it could be easy to use these strechers for an armored ambulance version of their M577. So I propose a medical option for the future M577. IMO it will cost almost nothing more than just adding the HUEY'stretchers to the M577 box and adding red cross decals  :)

« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 06:41:12 am by emmanuel »