Author Topic: 1/56 (28mm) Modular Buildings  (Read 53651 times)

OzzyUK

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Re: 1/56 (28mm) Modular Buildings
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2014, 07:07:15 pm »
Time to start putting some... ok, a lot... of cash to one side.... I'm seeing a town board I've always wanted in my future.... looking great guys, and by the way you'd probably make a killing just selling the staircases separately!

Eenies

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2014, 07:43:30 pm »
Wow the new pics looks great think you really got something good going here. Keep it up!

Alpharius

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2014, 09:35:47 pm »
I would definitely be interested in buying these buildings - they'd be perfect for some exciting Weird War II action! :)
Nil nos tremefacit.

therupert

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2014, 12:51:32 am »
WOW!  My jaw just hit the floor!  I have been dreaming about buildings like this for years!  Have you guys considered using kickstarter to fund the initial project?  I reallly want to see these buildings become a reality and I would back a kickstarter for this in a hot second!  These are amazing!!!

Anfernee

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2014, 05:25:53 am »
These look amazing! Love the idea.

smurfben

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2014, 04:24:37 pm »
wow, that looks really great. It's certainly a project that will sell well :) Might I also request looking into a European church kit. Even resin kits in 28mm are hard to come by

aloharover

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2014, 10:46:56 pm »
Awesome looking product

Tony1955

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2014, 06:17:18 pm »
I love this idea. Its like Lego for wargamers!

Cat

• Private
    • View Profile
    • Goblinhall
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2014, 12:40:53 am »
I'ld love to see options with the front and back doors on the gabled ends of the houses.  And with various gable peaks — smooth triangles, stepped slopes, scalloped slopes.  This is the traditional look for the Netherlands — especially along the canals where we wargamers love to play house!  The style is also scattered throughout Europe.

These images are for somewhat taller buildings in Amsterdam, but the general style would work for two or more stories (insertable middle floors would be great for the models too!)

Hollander

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2014, 05:44:40 am »
I'm sorry to dissapoint you Cat, but you.ve posted pictures of Amsterdam. There has been no fighting in Amsterdam (WW2) and only Amsterdam looks like that. Typical buildings in the Netherlands of interest for wargamers should look like these Farms and village/town houses and shops.  WSS (wargames Soldiers and Strategy #74 has an article on the fighting around Arnhem and the type of buildings there should be on your Wargames table. . and for the record, I'm from the Netherlands and grew up on a farm like the one the last picture.  Hope this helps.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 05:46:29 am by Hollander »

Cat

• Private
    • View Profile
    • Goblinhall
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2014, 06:07:52 am »
That is helpful, thanks!

Hollander

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2014, 07:06:45 am »
Good..

Good thing for me is that the Rubicon kit, as it is, seems to fit in nicely.. Looking forward to start building with it.

Cat

• Private
    • View Profile
    • Goblinhall
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2014, 07:38:11 am »
Do you know if those architetural styles carry over across the river Ems into Lower Saxony and around Oldenburg?  I'm hoping to make models of buildings that will be suitable for most of the Canadian Army's drive through the Netherlands and up to Oldenburg - Bad Zwischenahn

Hollander

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2014, 05:25:08 pm »
If you google Oldenburg and pictures you will see buildings that are similar. BUT the germans seem to love plastering their brickwork. Mostly  shades of beige, yellow but other "soft"colors are used sometimes.

That is "typical" german and  something rarely seen in the Netherlands, if plastered at all (like the farm in the B&W foto) Dutch walls will be white/plaster of paint.

The "style"of the building will gradually change from "Dutch"to "german".  If you're close to the border you can't tell (from the look of the area alone) of you're in Germany or in the Netherlands

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2014, 11:22:35 pm »
Guys - I think Rubicon has to keep this as generic as possible.  Ideally, these kits need to be usable for anything from France to the Soviet Union.  I'd much rather they took some broadly 'European' themes, even if they aren't quite accurate for a particular region, than tried to replicate anything specific.