Author Topic: German Stowage Pack Set 1 - Project CLOSED!  (Read 25433 times)

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
German Stowage Pack Set 1 - Project CLOSED!
« on: January 29, 2015, 05:35:03 pm »
From feedback and our wish list, here are some of the items that will be on our "German Stowage Pack #1":

Digital Sculpt of some rucksacks and blankets...

Comments & feedback welcome!

;)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 05:44:13 pm by Rubicon Models »

Laffe

• Private
    • View Profile
    • The Figure Fanatic Blog
Re: German Stowage Pack #1
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 08:17:16 pm »
I like the pump!

VolleyfireAndy

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 09:16:34 pm »
Best bucket I've seen!  ;) Love the set, can see myself needing a few of these

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 09:25:56 pm »
Best bucket I've seen!  ;) Love the set, can see myself needing a few of these
The bucket is a two part kit.  The handle's diameter is "out-of-scale" so that figures can hold them securely!  It can flip to an angle too!

;)

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 10:06:55 pm »
Fantastic ! A few more pair of  cable ends would not go amiss . Fit them anywhere there's space on the sprue . The Panther track should be in sets of 2 to 4  links . It was stored on the hull sides or hanging on the turret sides . Panthers didn't have the large rack for a dozen pieces of   spare track on the nose like the Tiger 1 . If possible the panzer 3 and 4 track should also be made in shorter lengths . Better IMO to have 8 pieces of 4 link track than to have 3 pieces of 8 link track . The long runs can go on the nose and turret roof . But the smaller pieces can be used any where .

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 10:15:22 pm »
Fantastic! A few more pair of cable ends would not go amiss. Fit them anywhere there's space on the sprue.
Will try!  There are already 47 parts on this frame...  :P

The Panther track should be in sets of 2 to 4 links. It was stored on the hull sides or hanging on the turret sides. Panthers didn't have the large rack for a dozen pieces of spare track on the nose like the Tiger 1.  If possible the panzer 3 and 4 track should also be made in shorter lengths. Better IMO to have 8 pieces of 4 link track than to have 3 pieces of 8 link track . The long runs can go on the nose and turret roof . But the smaller pieces can be used any where.
Noted.  Will see what we can do...  Thanks for input!

;)

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 11:04:02 pm »
These looks great!  I agree with Ripley that shorter lengths of track are a good idea. 

Maybe a smaller variety of ammo boxes, with more duplicates?

The soft stowage looks like it was modelled on Tamiya's.  From experience, I'd say ditch the flat folded item, and maybe the hanging blanket.  They're not as useful as the bedrolls.  However, this kind of stowage tends to look more appropriate on Allied vehicles.   

I hope there will be jerrycans...

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 11:24:07 pm »
Maybe a smaller variety of ammo boxes, with more duplicates?
The ammo boxes basically cover most common tank gun ammo. The box cover is detachable too!

The soft stowage looks like it was modelled on Tamiya's.  From experience, I'd say ditch the flat folded item, and maybe the hanging blanket.  They're not as useful as the bedrolls.  However, this kind of stowage tends to look more appropriate on Allied vehicles.   
They look familiar but these are all new sculpts.  This pack is not just for tank stowage but also for trucks too!

I hope there will be jerrycans...
There are jerrycans, just have not shown them here!

;)

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 01:15:03 am »
Here are the missing Jerry Cans...

;)

Morsleib

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 01:19:05 am »
I like the pump!

Allweiler semi-rotary wing pump if I'm not mistaken  ;)

Pump Geek

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2015, 10:47:09 am »
Here are the missing Jerry Cans...

Awesome!  Can you include at least 8 of them on the sprue?  You can never have too many jerrycans...

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2015, 12:44:04 pm »
As well as being sold separately for those of us who have other companies kits in need of detail bits , it might be an idea to include a  German Stowage Pack in each German vehicle kit if it doesn't add to much to the cost . Other nations can have theirs added  as they are developed . Academy does this in 1/35 scale with all their M3 / M4 US tanks  as well as the Panzer IV . Sprue contains spare wheels , track , tools , gas cans  packs , ammo boxes , tow cable eyes , etc .   Just an idea

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2015, 01:45:17 pm »
As well as being sold separately for those of us who have other companies kits in need of detail bits , it might be an idea to include a  German Stowage Pack in each German vehicle kit if it doesn't add to much to the cost . Other nations can have theirs added  as they are developed . Academy does this in 1/35 scale with all their M3 / M4 US tanks  as well as the Panzer IV . Sprue contains spare wheels , track , tools , gas cans  packs , ammo boxes , tow cable eyes , etc .   Just an idea

It is not a cost issue but rather "number of parts" per sprue dilemma.  To be cost effective and price competitive, we can only do 3 sprues per kit based on our sales forecast and production volume.  We have to decide if our customers want stowage or variant options... it is extremely difficult to fit everything onto 3 frames!

As we go forward, we would like to include tank crew, driver and gunner into each kit.  These figures will also compete on frame space too!

:(

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2015, 04:14:53 pm »
A lot of wargamers seen to prefer not to add much stowage to their vehicles, and may not want to pay more for a sprue of parts they don't need.  I think crew figures would be regarded as more important.  That said, it'd be nice if each kit came with a spare wheel or two and/or some spare track.  Those who want to cover their vehicles in stowage (like me) will happily pay for separate accessory sets.  And probably lots of them!

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2015, 09:43:32 pm »
On reflection , I would rather have crew figures for the vehicle in the kit . Generic crews for the most part, ( 1/35 scales  , which I usually build  ) are a compromise most of the time . Better to have figure made to fit in the driver's seat of the halftrack ( 251  D ) , or slim enough to perch in that tank turret ( Hellcat ) .  Stowage kits can be picked up as separate sets as Pinky says