Rubicon Models:

Which one do you prefer?  There are several possibilities:

(1) M10 Wolverine / 17pdr SP Achilles
(2) M10 Wolverine / M36 Jackson
(3) M36 Jackson /17pdr SP Achilles
(4) M18 Hellcat

Vote now or give comments!!

Some Background History:

By far the most common US design was the 3in Gun Motor Carriage M10 (Wolverine), later supplemented by the 90 mm Gun Motor Carriage M36 (Jackson) - both based on the M4 Sherman hull and powertrain - and the 76 mm Gun Motor Carriage M18 (Hellcat), based on a unique hull and powertrain design, with a slight visual resemblance to what was used for the later M24 Chaffee light tank.

The M18 came closest to the US ideal; the vehicle was very fast, small, and mounted a 76 mm gun in a roofless open turret. The M36 Jackson GMC possessed the only American-origin operational gun that could rival the vaunted 88 mm German ordnance, the 90 mm M3 gun, and the M36 remained in service well after World War II.

;)

elias.tibbs:
Can a multi-tank kit of the m10 and both m36 variants be produced?

Rubicon Models:

--- Quote from: Spinfire on December 08, 2014, 09:39:53 pm ---Can a multi-tank kit of the m10 and both m36 variants be produced?

--- End quote ---
Need to do a parts count when the basic 3D model is done.  A tank of this size should be a 3 sprue kit, similar to our existing M4A3 kit.  With 2 turrets; yes, it is possible!

;)

Laffe:
I want the 17 pounder Achilles and don't really care if it's an M10 or M36 with it inside the box. I voted for the M10 because I had to vote for something! ;)

tinfish:
Voted for M18, pretty vehicle.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version