Author Topic: Rubicon Models acquiring selected Neucraft Models products - CV11 170420  (Read 15576 times)

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Rubicon Models acquiring selected Neucraft Models products - CV11 170420
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2018, 07:18:12 pm »
I have a bad feeling about this. That is, Rubicon acquiring the new resin stuff. Does this mean there is no hope of ever seeing some of the French tanks like the Renault in plastic from Rubicon? Also, does this mean we will start to see less of those fantastic plastic kits and begin to see more resin kits?

One the main reasons I became so interested in Rubicon models was that they are releasing very good plastic kits. Especially of vehicles that were not available in plastic. This is one of the reasons why I had started to replace my resin vehicles with plastic kits. Just to give you a few examples, I replaced my resin M4A3E8, resin Jagdpanzer 38t, and resin US Jeeps with plastic ones from Rubicon Models.

When it comes to preferring plastic over resin, I think I'm one of the minority.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2018, 07:40:04 pm »
I have a bad feeling about this. That is, Rubicon acquiring the new resin stuff. Does this mean there is no hope of ever seeing some of the French tanks like the Renault in plastic from Rubicon? Also, does this mean we will start to see less of those fantastic plastic kits and begin to see more resin kits?

Being a relatively new company of 3 years old, we cannot rely on just a single product range.  Plastic kits are VERY EXPENSIVE to produce and many injections moulds are required to produce them.  It also takes a lot of time and investment from 3D drawings to prototyping, and from mould making to finally releasing each kit.  Up until now, we have a total of 52 kits in a single product range over these three years, that's averaged at 17 kits per year!  To make the money back and smooth operation of the studio will require a tremendous amount of sales volume to support us day to day.  This is why we are expanding into different areas in order to spread out the risk as being a "single" product company.

Resin for us had always been our root before we ventured into plastic injection manufacturing, and we excel in resin production within the industry for many years.  So going back into resin production is just like going back home for us!  This also applies to pewter (white metal) reproduction as well.  We will not give up or reduce the rate of plastic kit design, the extra product lines are to supplement our plastic range and to make our studio even stronger.  So rest assure we are here to stay!  We simply refused to be just another firework or comet in the night sky... we wanted to be the moon shining forever!

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2018, 10:01:33 pm »
Its all ways difficult to  get together with people who's craft / hobby " job " is not their full time job . A lot of guys just shut down their production and their fantastic kits are gone forever , except for crazy dollars on ebay . Thank you for picking the Neucraft kits you did and we appreciate the effort your making to try and secure more

Captain Blood

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2018, 01:28:57 am »
Yes we do. And I appreciate the poetry of your last sentence or two as well. May you shine forever indeed  :)