Rubicon Models > Work In Progress

Project of the Month - Oct 2021 - SdKfz 234 Family

(1/2) > >>

Rubicon Models:
Our "New Project of the Month" for October is a long-shelved project that we had revived due to increasing requests on our Wish List - the 8-Rad Schwerer PanzerspƤhwagen SdKfz 234 Armoured Car.
The project will cover ALL four basic variants with the possibility to do two more if sprue space allows.  This include:

234/1 - open-topped turret with a 2cm KwK 38 L/55 autocannon and a 7.92mm MG42 machine gun.

234/2 - commonly known as the "Puma" with a 5cm KwK 39 L/60 gun and an MG42.

234/3 - open-topped superstructure replacing the turret with a 7.5cm K51 L/24 gun.

234/4 - open-topped superstructure replacing the turret with a 7.5cm PaK 40 L/46 gun.

Might do two more variants including the Luchs turm and the 2cm Schwebelafette.

Enjoy!
;)

Tracks:
No more kit-bashing

http://forum.rubiconmodels.com/index.php?topic=764.msg10888

or wishing for

http://forum.rubiconmodels.com/index.php?topic=1101.msg14579

Side Note:
The fact this project will be a minimum of ALL four basic variants is a big bonus, but that being said, some of us already have multiples of this vehicle in our collections. I for example already have three of the four basic variants, so I guess that means I only have to get one of these kits so I can add the 234/4 to my collection.

234/1 - Very easy kit-bashing (Italeri + Rubicon Models turret)
234/2 - Italeri kit (out of the box)
234/3 - Basic kit-bashing (Italeri + Rubicon Models conversion kit)
234/4 - N/A

Hmmm... I think this new Rubicon Models kit is nice, but I am still waiting for the M3 Medium (Grant/Lee) kit.  ;)

viclineal:
Very interesting! Looking forward to them, and hopefully in the future to a SdKfz 231/232/233 kit to complete the catalogue of German armoured cars.

ripley:
While I'm sure it will be a great kit , I feel Rubicon are a little late to the party with this one . I too have converted  the  Italeri kit using Rubicon's excellent add on sets . The only thing that would entice me to buy a Rubicon version is if the driver's hatch is a separate piece , I would really like to built some of the knocked out 234/2s you see in Normandy pictures . I think it would be better if Rubicon tackled the 231 family , as no one else has done in plastic , yet

H0ffmn:
I agree with Tracks,bring on the Grant/Lee!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version