Author Topic: M3 Medium Tank - AKA Lee/Grant  (Read 4256 times)

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
M3 Medium Tank - AKA Lee/Grant
« on: December 14, 2020, 08:46:59 am »
Question: What do you call a person who doesn’t believe in Santa Claus?  :-\
Answer: A rebel without a Claus.  :D

For Christmas, I asked Santa for a brand new shinny Rubicon Models M3 Medium tank (Lee/Grant) plastic model kit.
However, I am a rebel without a Claus.

SheriffSherman

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Re: M3 Medium Tank - AKA Lee/Grant
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 12:20:47 pm »
Yes, this would be fantastic! 

Please make the M3 Lee

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 11:02:48 am »
One of my friends has the Warlord Games M3 Lee, and I am almost thinking of getting one because it doesn't look all that bad. Not great, but not bad, and more than good enough for the miniature gaming table. However, over the years I have been replacing all of my old resin+metal vehicle models with much better plastic model kits.*

When things get back to normal and I find myself travelling again, I might end up getting one of these resin+metal M3 Lees the next time I see one in a game/hobby store I visit. But only if no plastic model (from Rubicon Models, Italeri, or other) is available, or close to being available.

*The availability of 1:56 scale (28mm) plastic model vehicles is so much better than what we had just a few years ago. Its a good time to get into the hobby. Except for a few things, now players can get most if not all of the basic items in plastic. The only main items missing for the common miniature gamer would be:

For American
Plastic AT-Guns  - It needs to be noted that a a 37mm is coming soon!
M3 Medium (Lee) – a kit that can be built as a Lee & Grant kit would be best.

For British
Plastic AT-Guns  - It needs to be noted that a a 25pdr and 17pdr is coming soon!
M3 Medium (Grant) –  a kit that can be built as a Lee & Grant kit would be best.
A British Armored Car – one of the most common types.

For Germans vehicles
StuG III Ausf A-E – something very useful for early and mid war scenarios.

For Soviets
Plastic AT-Guns  - except for the 45mm AT gun PSC offers, there are no others in plasic.
BA-64 – one of the most produced Soviet armored cars.
BT-5/7
T-60/70
SU-76

Actually, for more details, maybe going to this thread might be helpful:
http://forum.rubiconmodels.com/index.php?topic=848.msg11889#msg11889

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 11:31:38 am »
The Warlord resin kits I've seen lately are in need of a little TLC with lots of bubbles and flash ( old molds ? ) . Better to check out Company B or Die Waffenkammer , as they both make very nice Lee/Grants .

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2021, 12:50:15 pm »
Quote from: ripley
Better to check out Company B or Die Waffenkammer , as they both make very nice Lee/Grants .

Thanks for the tip ripley. I also heard that Blitzkrieg Miniatures makes one as well.
However during my travels, I normally only find Warlord Bolt Action stuff in shops/stores.
If I do see a Warlord resin+metal one, I will be sure to check it out thoroughly first.
It's only temp until a plastic one is available... still hoping for a plastic kit of the M3 Lee/Grant.
Failing that I will have to try to get one from Blitzkrieg Miniatures, Company B, or Die Waffenkammer.

thunderplunk

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2021, 07:06:13 pm »
Rubicon have said multiple times in the Sherman WIP thread that M3 and M7 projects are on the cards for development, and now that the Sherman library is complete I have no doubt they're working on them. You may just have to be patient?

Jaeger

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2021, 11:23:32 pm »
For me the M3 and M7 lead to the M12, a bunker busting self propelled 155mm howitzer.