Author Topic: Dodge Truck Series  (Read 10599 times)

airborne

• Private
    • View Profile
Dodge Truck Series
« on: February 05, 2015, 02:31:51 am »
I`d like to see the whole Dodge Range from  Command Car to 3/4 , 11/2  gun carriage and ambulance these have been done in 20mm and 1/35 but never to my knowledge in 1/56. .Yet they were the historic back bones of the U.S forces.
Cheers all.

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: Dodge Truck Series
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 06:39:21 pm »
I would love a 3/4 ton dodge truck
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 11:02:45 pm »
There are many variations of WW2 era Dodge trucks, need to identify one series that can create multiple options.  In terms of game rules, US trucks are less useful...

::)

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 11:47:03 pm »
IMO you should make a generic version of the Deuce and a half .  I don't know how many companies had a hand in producing them but GM , Ford , Chev , Studebaker , Dodge and International sent over 190000 to Russia as lend lease . Just pick one , give it the option of hard top / soft top cab , with / with out the AA MG ring mount, standard  or winch front bumper , and a cover for the cargo area . And if possible the fold down seats in the rear for those of us who want to add seated troops  . It would be good for all combatants , allies and axis , all theaters .if possible a generic driver figure ( like the one in the Warlord / Italeri halftrack ), with separate head would be nice , those of us wanting to make a specific vehicle could raid our parts box for the proper German of Brit head .

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 03:12:49 am »
Ripley: That was our original plan.  Seems like there are no "generic" version.  Almost all manufacturers had some variations on the design.  We have researched a couple of them and are very confusing.  For lend lease trucks to Russia (like the Studebaker), they were not used by the Americans.  We are trying to sort out all available information before deciding what to do next...

:)

airborne

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 04:07:27 am »
Max models 1/35  started with the Dodge command then  the 3/4 ton  with and with out gun then 11/2 ton 6 wheeler then Ambulance, wheels, chassie , front wings  bonet and windscreens were all the same and release  formate stayed the same when in 20mm .
Cheers.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 05:46:32 am »
Lots of little detail differences in all those trucks , for sure , that's  why I said generic , if it looks like a Deuce and a half .... no probably not   ::)  . You could do a Studebaker truck / Katyusha combo kit for the Russians . Everybody wants a Stalin Organ to bombard the Germans .  :)

airborne

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 03:57:57 am »
OH  Boy Yes. Ear plugs any one !
Cheers

sandsmodels

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2015, 05:29:24 pm »
the gmc cckw 353 was used by all allied nations including usa, Russia and gb so better than a Studebaker, although the Russians and gb had more studes than gmc's!

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2015, 08:13:14 pm »
Looks as though Rubicon is right - the Soviets only used Studebakers, and the US Army didn't use them.  The GMC and Studebaker cabs are different, but wouldn't the chassis and cargo bay be the same?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 10:17:12 pm by Pinky »

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2015, 09:52:04 pm »
Personally I think Rubicon should make a generic Deuce wheels and drive train and maybe the cargo area  on one sprue and then make the other sprue   manufacturer specific ie : GMC , Ford or International . IRC some versions had different styles of transfer cases for the front axle so a couple might have to be molded on the generic sprue . They could even get a DUKW  kit out of the parts with a little bit of thought

sandsmodels

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2015, 09:10:59 pm »
the Russians had gmc's just not as many as the Studebaker so make the gmc and everyone can use it!

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2015, 05:23:18 am »
WC51 maybe?

Can get varients out of it.. Standard, command, medical, ammo carrier, etc

Plus currently there's one company that make them and it's not that good..
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament

sandsmodels

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 07:58:28 pm »
the dodge weapons carrier series would be great loads of options inc a 6x6 and used by all allied nations including Russia.

airborne

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 11:10:23 pm »
I first came aware of Dodge kits way back when Max models did there 1/35 series then taken over by Airfix. The command car came with a water trailer and I built mine as 101 AB at Bastogne. The same series was made in 1/87 by Roco minitanks and then in 1/72 by ? (Fugimi) numerous resin white metal manufacturers have done varied quality  models, so surely it`s time to have these iconic models in 1/56.  Many of the parts are duplicated just perfect for Rubicon.
Cheers