Author Topic: T34/85 with tank riders  (Read 2252 times)

neffer38

• Private
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
T34/85 with tank riders
« on: January 07, 2020, 01:43:19 am »
My T34/85 with Rubicons pewter tank riders.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: T34/85 with tank riders
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 09:15:39 am »
They turned out nice .  I've got some of those on order .  You can kit bash Warlord's plastics and get some nice looking tank riders

I built these guys a couple of years ago , ( well before anyone was offering a blister pack of tank riders ) , I've got 8 guys glued on , with 3 others that can be placed on the sides near the front . Another T-34 has 5 guys glued on and 2 guys based as if  caught in the act of  landing after jumping off . Just love working with plastic figures
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 09:19:26 am by ripley »

neffer38

• Private
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
Re: T34/85 with tank riders
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 09:37:08 pm »
Thanks!

The Rubicon ones are interesting. I think most 28mm models tend to be fatter in the face, where as the Rubicon ones are slender. I think its a difference between gaming model makers and Scale model makers ... if that makes sense. I have some Warlord ones to still to do, so will be interesting to compare.

In honesty I'm metals Purist  ;D. There are few exceptions like GW and Vicktrix. But i generaly avoid plastic infantry like the plague. I understand the plastics are easier to work with for positioning etc and I've had to bite my tongue and just do it in the past.

Yes the warlord ones are nice to kit bash, so much so that they even provide 8 models with their IS2 kits and T-34 Zugs. I hadn't realised this until last year when I ordered 3 IS2 kits and was pleasantly surprised that I had aquired an extra 24 infantry for the soviet horde  :D