Author Topic: BT-7  (Read 13785 times)

303in204

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Re: BT-7
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2019, 02:20:59 am »
Can you make both the M10 and M36 turrent options with the 1 kit? so you can swap them out as you need?

Yes, as I said using the M36 turret requires an insert ring be placed in the tank destroyer (m10/m36) hull, if/when the instructions come back up, it's pretty clear how it works.  You can either glue the insert to the M36 turret (in which case the turret will be fixed) or leave it loose to allow the M36 Turret to rotate, though I'm not sure if the pressure of the detents will keep the insert in place when rotating the turret or not.

The M10/M36 kit doesn't come with crew, there are a few options, the best of which (in my opinion, and only for 1 vehicle) would be using the crew from the Warlord/Italeri m10 kit, followed closely by using the multipose plastic tank crew kits from Rubicon ( both US and Commonwealth are available) to fashion crews out of.  I strongly recommend against using the Rubicon pewter tank destroyer crew sets, they're multi part metal figures (barf) and yet they're also monopose (wtf), to top it all off the poses are awful (arms at their sides, hands in their laps, as if sitting at a table waiting for a job interview)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 02:41:14 am by 303in204 »