Author Topic: German Tanks  (Read 31394 times)

zigoR

Re: German Tanks
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2014, 07:41:30 pm »
What's about JAGDPANTHER? :)
AFAIK Currently only warlord games provide this vehicle... but it's not correctly scaled, as well as their old resin Panther. ... the Panther is available soon, so I'll buy at least two of them :D

A JAGDPANTHER would be a nice addition to everyx late german army

zigoR

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2014, 08:55:21 pm »
...and maybe u can use the track / hull section of the Panther kit... ?

SoC

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2014, 10:38:39 pm »
A JAGDPANTHER would be a nice addition to everyx late german army

100% signed!

A Rubicon Jagdpanther is a great idea! :)

Cavian

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2014, 11:53:20 pm »
100% signed :)

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2014, 01:55:25 pm »
A Jagdpanther... had been bumped up on the LIST.  Will keep you all posted on progress!

Ballardian

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2014, 02:45:15 am »
Flakpanzers in general would be appreciated, Wirbelwinds, Ostwinds (& a Kugeblitz would be cool - yes I know only two were built) & mostly only require different turrets.
 Also a plastic Hetzer would be great.

predatorpt

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2014, 09:58:11 am »
What about the Tiger II? I hope it's already on the to-do list  ;D

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2014, 10:42:13 am »
The Tiger II would be a challenge!  The size of the tank with two turret variant to fit into 3 or even 4 (like the Tiger I) sprues is something that we need to look into!  The Tiger II is something that we will do much later... after we had gain more experience with plastic production first!
;)

Rhino CO

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2014, 11:30:32 am »
Sturmpanzer IV Brummbar Sd. Kfz. 166

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2014, 01:14:51 pm »
A Stug III G would be an great  kit to produce . Options could include Schutzen side skirts  , the bolted or the so called Pig's Head cast mantlet and a choice of the 75 mm gun or the 105 mm howitzer , as both types of gun were mounted in both mantlets. . And if you want to get real  rivet counter   ::) , both versions of the loader hatch , opening front and rear or side to side , the roof mounted close - defence weapon and the remote control machine gun mount
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 10:32:04 pm by ripley »

Tony1955

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2014, 07:36:56 pm »
A Jagdt Tiger would be nice, so would some of the open topped Tanks: Nashorn, Hummel, werblewind etc.

robbie039

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2014, 03:44:53 am »
I like the Jagdpanther and Jagdtiger., the Hummel and Nahorn I would backup too.

I know that there where only a small number of prototype Maus tanks but they would make fine piece for a what if scenario

Keith

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2014, 09:19:05 pm »
Really liking the details on the StugIII G. The addition of pilsen etc. on the roof, separate shot deflector, smoke dischargers etc. along with the stowage rack (odd spare wheel placement there though) is great. Little details that make all the difference.

Any chance of a 'two-part' hatch too, with 'rabbit-ear' binoculars?

My vote is for the standard Jagdpanzer IV, ideally both the L/48 and L/70 versions in one box.

I'm interested in how feasible zimmerit is to produce? I image that it is almost impossible to do with standard two-part moulds without some horrible compromise (odd angles in the texture etc.) but perhaps easier on vehicles with larger flatter panels. Maybe even appliqué panels that can be added? Might take up a fair bit of sprue space though  :)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 09:26:07 pm by Keith »

elcee

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2014, 06:24:38 am »
edited
Well the Tiger II would have been my choice, it seems to be more a wish for 2016

The Tiger II would be a challenge!  The size of the tank with two turret variant to fit into 3 or even 4 (like the Tiger I) sprues is something that we need to look into!  The Tiger II is something that we will do much later... after we had gain more experience with plastic production first!
;)

other vehicles that come to my mind would be, for both i know of no plastic kit by other companies. But would the demand for those be enough to justify a plastic kit? Most of "the" german vehicles are covered by your release. In general i can think only of a few that might be interesting in greater numbers (Tiger 2 as mentioned, 38(t) based vehicles (see below, my personal favorites) and maybe the Jagdpanzer IV (with l48 & l70 guns) others are much to rare to really justify a plastic kit (like a Ferdinand, Hummel (& Nashorn), etc.)

1. Sd.Kfz. 138/2 - Jagdpanzer 38(t) Hetzer (& Flammpanzer 38(t) Hetzer)
pro:
- mass produced (about 2500-3000, might not be as may as the StuG IIIG, but it was only produced during 1944-45)
- very good documentation about the vehicle
- fairly "easy" to make (maybe a 2 sprue kit?)
- some parts might be used for other kits (see below or a Panzer 38(t) when you go for early war kits)
- wargaming related: most likely a fairly cheap tank, so a gamer might field more than one or two
con:
- no variants except the flammpanzer
(- demand? can't comment on that though - personally i love the hetzer)

2. Sd.Kfz. 138 Marder III Ausf. M & Sd.Kfz.138/1 Grille (15cm Schweres Infanteriegeschuetz 33/1 auf Panzerkampfwagen 38(t) Ausf. M)
pro:
- plenty of common parts except gun (and ammunition storage); only for version M though
- fairly good documentation
- wargamig related: dual purpose kit, it serves very different need if i could be produced in a kombi kit (artillery & AT)
(- maybe there is a possibility for a Flakpanzer 38(t) in there as well, but the supersturcture is different (gun shield) and this would increase the number of parts even further)
con:
- fair complex kit, but you might learn from the Sd.Kfz. 250
- not really a common vehicles "Marder III M" about 900-1200 built, "Grille M"about 300 built
(- demand? Certainly not as high as a Hanomag, but for a lot gamers the combination in the kit could be attractive)

All of those are vehicles id love to see (until i get a Tiger 2)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 04:54:59 pm by elcee »

Laffe

• Private
    • View Profile
    • The Figure Fanatic Blog
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2014, 08:21:25 pm »
One more vote for a Hetzer and/or a Pz38-based Marder/flakpanzer kit, as well as Jagdpanzer IV.

If you do an accessory sprue, take a look and see if you can include a star antenna for the command vehicles. Not sure it's doable in plastic but a nice way to depict a command tank.