Author Topic: German Tanks  (Read 31569 times)

Preda

• Cadet
    • View Profile
German Tanks
« on: September 15, 2014, 12:11:21 am »
I wish me a Stug  :o

MudDevlan

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Re: German Tanks
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 06:13:59 pm »
with Tank war due next week, i am longing for a whole platoon of StuG IIIs. Should not be too hard to design, as Rubicon allready has the Panzer III. Should sell as well, as there is no plastic StuG available right not. And if you do them, do a F Variant as well please.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 09:21:03 pm »
Both Preda and MudDevlan wanted a StuG, here is a teaser for you both! 

Even though we have a mid-war Panzer III, the StuG is basically a refined 3D model over the existing one; we have learned a lot since then!  Was thinking about doing a F/F8/G combo, but they are so different in so many ways, we rather prefer to focus more on choices than variant for the StuG.  We might do some earlier StuG III & Panzer III variants at a later stage.

The StuG is not the only project we are working on, so there are no fixed release schedule yet.  THIS is also a good reason to become a member on this forum, this type of info won't be on FB or our website...

Mind you though, not all what you see on these drawings will be on the final product.  Sprue space rules!!

Enjoy!

;)

« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 10:42:06 am by Rubicon Models »

Preda

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 01:16:41 am »
I hate it to be put on the rack ;)

MudDevlan

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 08:17:29 pm »
thank you for the Teaser :)...really looking forward to this.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 10:04:56 pm »
This is WIP stuff, you can provide input on what you would like to see on the kit.  We might be able to accommodate if the suggestion is viable.   ;)

Preda

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 01:27:44 am »
Looks amazing from what i can see, only thing you maybe can do would be a seperate sprue for all tanks which contains Accessories.
I mean nearly all pictures you find from WW2 which show a Tank which has a loot of stuff attached to it, from Reservecanister for Fuel to Sleepingbacks :) I mean yeah, you can get that in Resin or Metal, but that would negate the major advantage of you product, being made of plastic :)

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 04:59:18 pm »
Looks amazing from what i can see, only thing you maybe can do would be a seperate sprue for all tanks which contains Accessories.
I mean nearly all pictures you find from WW2 which show a Tank which has a loot of stuff attached to it, from Reservecanister for Fuel to Sleepingbacks :) I mean yeah, you can get that in Resin or Metal, but that would negate the major advantage of you product, being made of plastic :)
Accessories are something we are working on too!  Seems like you guys (and gals) knew every moves we are taking... haha~
All these accessories are a bit small, making them for wargaming are very different from making them for modelling!
You also need lot of details on the bits, making them in plastic complicated the design for these small parts too!
???
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 10:24:17 pm by Rubicon Models »

PORTA

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2014, 05:43:34 pm »
soo cool stugs!! ;)

Porkmann

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2014, 07:32:23 pm »
Hello Rubicon.  I would echo the StuG III and suggest you have a look at The Plastic Soldier company as they have combined the F8 and G in one kit.  Principal difference being the front upper hull.

To make a new suggestion, I would think Jagdpanzer IV both normal and "zwischelösung" would sell well.  A very nice vehicle.

Also, perhaps a Nashorn/Hummel kit and a Marder IIIM/Grille M/Flakpanzer 38t as well!

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2014, 08:28:01 pm »
Porkmann: For the StuG III, it is true the F8 (03/42) and G (11/42) are very similar; but after 1942, the G had many feature changes that make us impossible to combine the F8/G into a single kit.  The question is "Will the customers want a F8/G early production kit in the 1942 era" or "Will the customers wants a G that covers early/mid/late production (1942-44)"?  Sadly, the Plastic Soldier version is in 15mm so they are able to "overlook" a lot of the details, we can't do that in 28mm.

There are some vehicles you had suggested are on our list, some are not. Will continue to monitor this wish list to adjust R&D schedule.

Genlt Steiner

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2014, 02:36:34 am »
The G version would be the best choise.
But I want to see the StuG IV in plastic.  ;D

Drake Corbett

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2014, 03:09:03 am »
Agreement to Mr.Steiner!

Stugs are Out there, but absolutely few StuGs IV wich are Way cooler than the IIIGs. Are you Planing them?

I Need 4-8 of them ;)

Porkmann

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2014, 04:06:30 am »
Am I being censored or is this tablet messing me about?

Let's try again.  A composite F8/G kit is not problematic if one splits the upper hull.  The rear deck is the same the front different.  The mantlet and gun is the same (monoblock and l/48) the differences between Gs are minimal even comparing the F8/G hybrid and late G.  PSC did a very good job on theirs.  Yes compromises are present but nothing too serious.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 04:10:39 am by Porkmann »

Preda

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2014, 12:22:07 pm »
Everything is possible, the question is how many sprues are needed, and each sprue rises the price for the master by a huge amount :(