Poll

Which US Tank Destroyer you want us to make?

(1) M10 Wolverine / 17pdr SP Achilles
40 (38.1%)
(2) M10 Wolverine / M36 Jackson
12 (11.4%)
(3) M36 Jackson /17pdr SP Achilles
4 (3.8%)
(4) M18 Hellcat
49 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Proposed Project: US Tank Destroyer  (Read 24223 times)

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Proposed Project: US Tank Destroyer
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2015, 11:29:39 am »
It's worth bearing in mind that Rubicon make plastic kits, which involve a significant cost in terms of design, mould production etc.  Once a kit goes into production, the sprues are largely 'set in stone'.  So they need to focus on the more 'useful' vehicles, to justify the production costs (unlike a resin manufacturer, which can knock out components for more obscure variants fairly easily).  We'd all love to see certain vehicles in kit form (I'd be overjoyed to see some early war British armour, for instance), but we have to be realistic.

Swamprat33

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2015, 08:19:33 am »
Ive just voted for the 17pdr M10 Achilles as the M10 was used by all allied nations and as such is likely to sell more that the M18.

Ive also just completed one of the Warlord resin models that was poorly cast and did not go together well. The proportions also dont look right.
I do like the detailed turret interior and the fact that it has a crew though. It does not look so bad now it is painted but am sure Rubicon could do it better.

I have done a number of the new Warlord plastics and dont rate them tbh (Cromwell & Universal Carriers).
Having said that, i would buy one from Rubicon in a heartbeat.
I do think that crew figures and stowage are imortant considerations as well.

BTW - I am now on the lookout for some British Shermans rather than the USA only M4A3 variant that you do. Have you any plans to do an M4A2 (Sherman lll). This was used by USA Marines as well as Lend lease to Britain & Russia. Obviously would need 2 x turrets and 3 different buns but you have done those already.

Cheers

Tim

Seret

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2015, 07:40:33 pm »
I would absolutely buy a Wolverine/Achilles kit if one was produced. I need Wolverines for Italy and the Achilles for NW Europe, if the kit could build up both turrets and allow me to swap that would save buy two different (yet almost identical) vehicles.