Author Topic: RESIN Project - Munitionsschlepper IV Ausf F - Prototype 190531  (Read 18864 times)

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: RESIN Project - Karl-Gerät 040/041 - 3D Drawings 190501
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2019, 03:41:35 am »
DORA ?

OOPs , wrong Dora

Ah , that's more like it

I do have a 1:56 gustav in MDF...
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2019, 06:31:53 am »
Interesting Elias . Have you started building it yet ? And how big is it going to be when finished ?
Jimmy , there are a few Doras in1/72 ( Trumpeter & Hasegawa IRC ) , and some mad fool of a company makes one in 1/35 scale . Its about 8 feet long when built . There was a nice set of pictures of a built one in a diorama ( about 18 feet long ! ) a couple of years ago on Armorama I think . It was totally awe inspiring .

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2019, 10:26:19 am »
and we can assure you the LCM(3) or the Karl-Gerät have not reached the monstrosity we are hoping for!
The mind boggles, what do you intend, something warship class.

They had hinted something special for the up coming D-Day anniversary, and maybe now you gave then an idea.
Maybe now they are thinking about doing a warship of some type (a support ship at D-Day) project.  ;D

We have to stress once again we are a design studio working hard to diversify based on our digital work training and experiences.  We now have 3 different teams of people responsible for various design tasks - plastic products, resin products, and digital sculpting.  All trainees or new staff must start with resin products to get themselves accustomed to all aspects of parts and component designs before they can be transferred to plastic product design (which is another skill level).  Without proper training, there will never be a good plastic product.

I have read and understand why they started that big resin project. If Rubicon Models is looking for big, bigger, and biggest projects, why not something like a 1:56 scale  armored train?

For sure, a good 1:56 scale armored train will be much more welcome or wanted (selling more) than a 1:56 scale Karl-Gerät 040/041.

The picture above shows a 1:100 (15mm).

Jimmy_P

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2019, 06:20:11 pm »
Interesting Elias . Have you started building it yet ? And how big is it going to be when finished ?
Jimmy , there are a few Doras in1/72 ( Trumpeter & Hasegawa IRC ) , and some mad fool of a company makes one in 1/35 scale . Its about 8 feet long when built . There was a nice set of pictures of a built one in a diorama ( about 18 feet long ! ) a couple of years ago on Armorama I think . It was totally awe inspiring .

Yes I have thought about getting one in 1/72 but its then too small for 28mm and too big for 15mm - and whilst it could just be a display piece fundamentally the issue is storage space! I already have many many (many many) boxes of models, like most on here I suspect, and not sure I could justify the room the Karl-Gerät (or anything bigger) would take up in 1/56!

Agreed an armoured train would be good too!

« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 06:47:26 pm by Jimmy_P »

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2019, 06:42:00 pm »
They had hinted something special for the up coming D-Day anniversary, and maybe now you gave then an idea.
Maybe now they are thinking about doing a warship of some type (a support ship at D-Day) project.

Not really - they don't seem to have any actual plans for a D-Day special.

I have read and understand why they started that big resin project. If Rubicon Models is looking for big, bigger, and biggest projects, why not something like a 1:56 scale  armored train?

That's a great idea.  And actually more useful than a siege gun, at least for wargaming.  Both German and Soviet trains would be very cool.

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2019, 08:15:28 pm »
I was reading the rview of this a while back.
https://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/products/railgun-gladiator-ww11-railgun-or76boom02

I wonder what the market for that is like

Of course if Rubicon have done the development for a 1/56 scale model, they have the opportunity to reuse it for, say 1/87 for one of the model railway companies.

On the subject of armoured trains, what gauge would you suggest? In "true scale", the track would need to be custom at 25.6mm (27mm for Soviet lines). If you used HO/OO the track would be less than metre gauge and O gauge is five foot ten and a bit. There are a couple of European metre gauge track systems around "O Gauge" scales (but not O - quarter inch - scale).

jamesvalentine

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2019, 08:35:53 pm »
Rubicon, why would you waste you time and resources on this monstrosity, when that time and resources could be spent on more useful projects?
Because it's awesome!

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: RESIN Project - Munitionsschlepper IV Ausf F - 3D Drawings 190517
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2019, 02:40:19 pm »
Munitionsschlepper PzKpfw IV Ausf F, Ammunition transporter/loader for the Mörser KARL-Gerät 040/041, is almost done

Once the eDrawings are approved, we will start the prototyping. Can't wait to see the final product... another Limited Edition release!

Enjoy!
;)

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2019, 10:44:46 pm »
Rubicon, why would you waste you time and resources on this monstrosity, when that time and resources could be spent on more useful projects?
Because it's awesome!

Because they can. “Look at what we can do” is a great message the the other manufacturers.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament

H0ffmn

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2019, 11:31:19 pm »
M
Because it's awesome!

Because they can. “Look at what we can do” is a great message the the other manufacturers.
  Yes, you are correct.Rubicon  can do whatever they'd like .  It may be a great 'Look what we can do'  message to other manufacturers of 1/56 scale miniatures. But, 1/56 is a wargame scale. I myself would rather see Rubicon spend their time and resources on useable 1/56 scale kits, and to speed up the manufacturing process  and release time of kits on their list of future releases.
 I feel that they would make more money on say an M4A4 Sherman, a Panzer 2, a Sdkfz 11,another British truck,any Italian or French armor than what they would on an armored train or huge tracked mortar, but then again, ultimately it is Rubicon's decision ,and just my opinion.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 03:47:57 am by H0ffmn »

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2019, 01:45:02 am »
Because it's awesome!

It is a great message to commercial customers as well, we have to remember that Rubicon Models does more than make our toys, they make stuff for others as well.

Jaeger

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2019, 07:00:37 am »
This looks to be one of those projects assigned to a new group of people to see what they can do.
Perhaps someone else is making a KARL.  They would of course need multiple Munitionsschlepper.
It's an interesting piece.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2019, 08:16:32 pm »
Both the Munitionpanzer IV and the Gerat 040/041 are very , very niche kits in this mostly war game scale . But if Rubicon can make a profit on these pieces , more power to them . Are they things that are on my list of WW2 vehicles and tanks I want to build ? No . Are they cool as hell looking vehicles ? Oh yeah . The price point for the Grerat will be the decider in my case , unless I win the  lottery course , then I'll field all 6 combat vehicles  . But , if the spare cash turns up , I can see either a Kublinka diorama with one of these things posed next to the Maus , or a scenic base diorama with a couple of Munitionpanzers and a bunch of  troops .

Tony1955

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2019, 11:48:20 pm »
Talking big scale Doras, this one just about is the last word http://www.vonabt.co.uk/models/Dora/DoraBuild.htm

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: RESIN Project - Munitionsschlepper IV Ausf F - Prototype 190531
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2019, 01:37:47 pm »
This is our Munitionsschlepper IV Ausf F prototype. This upcoming resin/plastic kit can be assembled with the ammo container in open or closed position, and is highly detailed and faithfully reproduced like the real one. Will go well with our Karl-Gerät 040/041 kit.

Enjoy!
;)