Rubicon Models > General Discussions

Citroen 11CV

<< < (2/4) > >>

ultravanillasmurf:

--- Quote from: Pinky on April 18, 2018, 10:53:30 am ---To me, these photos emphasise the fact that the model is a solid lump of resin.  The lack of windows and an interior is very obvious in this scale.

--- End quote ---
True, but it is possible that Rubicon will put the improved resin methods of the Waffentrager kit to good use and do cars that offer interiors.

ripley:
And don't forget , they are just casting the car . They didn't design it  they just bought the molds . I believe ,it was a Neufield  kit like the French tanks  . We'll have to wait and see what they come up with from their own design team

Captain Blood:

--- Quote from: Pinky on April 18, 2018, 10:53:30 am ---To me, these photos emphasise the fact that the model is a solid lump of resin.  The lack of windows and an interior is very obvious in this scale.

--- End quote ---

I suppose if I were an avid AFV modeller producing pieces for displays or dioramas this would be a concern. Luckily I'm just a wargamer - albeit with quite high modelling and painting standards  ;D

Interestingly it's far from a solid lump of resin. If you picked it up you would think it was plastic - it's that lightweight. But yes, it does have blanks where the windows should be. It will be an interesting painting challenge - as mine will be for the middle east, I think the windows will be portrayed in the aftermath of a sandstorm... Although the fact that the wiper blades are moulded in an active position is going to make that tricky...  ::)

I've recently built the Rubicon CMP truck kit - which has no windows at all - just empty space: which someone picked up on, on another forum. Solid windows or no windows... Not sure which is the worse sin? As I say, I'm not bothered by it either way. From tabletop viewing distance in a wargame they look the part and are a great deal nicer than the alternatives out there.

Meanwhile, I've seen various images of the vehicle in olive green when used as a military staff car, so that's what I'll go for - along with some very unhistorical use of decals  :)
Apparently around 800 - 900 were in French military service by May 1940. I'm sure a few of these must have made their way to Syria and ended up used by Vichy...

ripley:
Any way of using a pin vise and drilling out the windows and the adding " glass " ?

Captain Blood:
I’m sure it could be done, but it would be a major operation, and then of course - well there’s no interior...  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version