Rubicon Models > Showcase & Gallery

WIP Rubicon Shermans

<< < (2/6) > >>

Tracks:

--- Quote from: Pinky on March 28, 2018, 08:45:38 am ---It is indeed a grey-green colour, but much lighter than these photos suggest.

--- End quote ---

I did not really notice this before. I was thinking the plastic was just a mid-gray, but looking at the plastic again and paying more attention to color, it does have a slight tint of green. For me, I think the new color Rubicon is using is better than the old color.

Pinky:
Hmmm - an issue with the Hybrid.  It should have the 'sharp-nosed' differential housing, as this seems to have been fitted to all M4 Composites.  But the kit only has the earlier 'rounded' housing, and I've already attached it to both models.  I guess I can hack them off [edit: it snapped off rather too easily!]

Pinky:
I picked up a couple more Sherman kits to see if I could mix and match them to get the right sharp-nosed transmission housing for the Hybrid (from the M4A2 76mm kit).  I now have all the Rubicon Shermans!  I have to say, the M4 is pretty nice as well, so I decided to have a Ic and a Ic Hybrid (different types often appeared in the same unit).  The Ic will have the rounded transmission housing, which seems to be accurate.

I found that the sharp nosed transmission housing isn't a perfect fit; if you insert the strip of retaining bolts (SF08), the hull doesn't sit level.  I'll leave it off and cover the gap with stowage.

I started another thread on the Fireflies.

ultravanillasmurf:
Looking good.

Useful to know about the bolt strip.

Tracks:

--- Quote from: Pinky on March 28, 2018, 11:29:19 pm ---[edit: it snapped off rather too easily!]

--- End quote ---

Did you use Revell glue?  :o

Pinky, have you tried the fit of the sharp-nosed housing from the M4A3 (280042) kit? Part number D22 in dark green colored plastic. It probably has exact same dimensions as the later (gray colored) kits, but I'm now curious how well part D22 from the earlier M4A3 kit will fit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version