Rubicon Models > General Discussions

New Product Range 2018 - 60mm Collectible Figures (More Info) 180307

(1/3) > >>

Rubicon Models:
Rubicon Models is announcing a new product series focused on soldiers of World War Two - "WW2 Soldiers".

Not for everyone, these are hand-painted 60mm (1/30 scale) collectible limited-edition metal figures. Each is highly detailed and come packaged in a gift box and certificate. We will only produce figures of 200 in a single batch, once gone we will not reproduce them anymore!

We will post more info about this new series over the coming weeks and will be available on our existing US webstore and upcoming new UK webstore soon.

Enjoy!
 ;)

tyroflyer:
Interesting niche. You might find a sizable market for 40mm or 54mm unpainted metal figures. A lot of people find enjoyment in painting.

ultravanillasmurf:
I agree with Tyroflyer about it being interesting, but not for me.

I do think that the idea of unpainted figures in the modelling scales (36mm - 1/48, 40mm - 1/43-5, and 54mm) would make an interesting showcase of your figure sculpting for those who paint.

It might also be a lead in to larger scale tanks, Hatton's have WarWells crying out for 1/43 scale (Sherman) Tanks:
http://www.hattons.co.uk/ogaugeww
You need to scroll down for the right period models.

Rubicon Models:
Actually, 60mm (1/30 scale) had been gathering steam over the last 10 years replacing a lot of the 54mm figures in the collectible figurine market.  We had been an OEM for this type of products for a while, and we are just taking this opportunity to create a new series using our existing facility to see if we can create an audience from the wargaming & modelling sector.  As we were saying... "not for everyone".  ;)

Tracks:
This is all very interesting, but not for me.

Speaking of larger miniatures, I have many 54mm figures to finish, but I put these on hold until I finish my 1:56th (28mm) scale kits and figures.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version