Rubicon Models > Showcase & Gallery

Hey , have you seen this book ?

<< < (2/3) > >>

ultravanillasmurf:
Ah, you might be right.

Unfortunately I did not get it or the Sherman one while they were on offer at Christmas.

So far there have been a few typos in the text.

ripley:
Just reviewed on the Armorama site ( Armor / AFV forum ) . This looks like a must have book since we have the Rubicon kit coming  later this year ( I hope )

ultravanillasmurf:
Cool.

Is it in the traditional hardback or a softback like the RMS Titanic one?

In the text of the T34 one the author mentions he is writing one on the Stug.

ripley:
The reviewer said it was hard cover , IRC none of the WW2 tank books have been released in soft , at least no one I know has got or seen one . And yes a Stug book is forth coming . Hope he touches on the Stug IV as well ( Stug III fighting compartment slapped on a Panzer IV hull ),

ripley:
Picked up my Haynes Flak 88 book , wow . its great . Chapters on ammo , tow vehicles , how to place the gun , load the gun , etc , etc . Another winner by Haynes  . In relation to the discussions on the early Panzer IV A - Ds , I thought I would mention some great books that I've had a chance to look at , they're by Craig Ellis ( Eight Wheels Good Publishing ) . Hes got 11 books out on the Panzer IV , all with pictures from his personal collection . Such titles as Volume 1 : A - C , Vol 2 : D - E /TauchPz / VorPz ,  Suppliment Issue 2 Barbarossa Stowage ( unit specific stowage 1941 Russia ) , he's also authoured a couple of books for Peko Publishing  Panzer IV in Action Vol 1 & 2 . Again all his own pictures . I do have  a couple of Peko books ( on Russian subjects ) but can reccmend any of the ( 16 ) books they now have in the series . Both series give you a full page picture of a vehicle with a detailed description of the identifying  features as well as observations on markings , stowage and crews , battle damage , etc  . Occasionally you get 3 or 4 pictures of the same vehicle from different angles or taken days  apart , Both series are about 90 - 100 pages and IMO well worth the $ 45 - 50 US price tag . Any other good books out there on the Panzer IV that we might not know about  ? Hmm , tried adding images of the books but the picture program seems to have changed and dosen't work for me at this time , I'll call my son , he'll know how it works  :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version